Arrogant cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I guess im just way to polite, maybe i should just give them the one fingered salute in the future.
Im guessing maybe a few on this post are the ones ive come across lately.:whistle:

Hip Priest

Veteran
I consider myself a friendly person, and I often let onto other cyclists, but if I'm going flat out and negotiating potholes then I'm probably not going to look at you, let alone wave. I'm not sure why people get so het up about it all to be honest.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I guess im just way to polite, maybe i should just give them the one fingered salute in the future.

Thats what i do to people on fixies ;). Your not to far from me Andy if i see you out and about i will blow you a kiss and give you a big wave just to cheer you up :hello:.

Who is your club anyway ?

TVC

I've noticed when wearing a CC jersey I get lots more attractive young ladies smiling at me^_^
Doesn't work for me :sad:

Back to the OP, if other cyclists don't acknowledge you just let it go, it's not like you will ever see them again.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Thats what i do to people on fixies ;). Your not to far from me Andy if i see you out and about i will blow you a kiss and give you a big wave just to cheer you up :hello:.

Who is your club anyway ?
Hounslow and district

Tunnel vision is the way forward then for me.

PaulB

Legendary Member
All due respect and everything (which gives me carte blanche to say WTH I want) I've noticed there is a certain snobbery amongst cyclists you don't find in runners. I know I've written this before and it is a thing I've noticed a lot. The more serious the rider and the more expensive the bike, the more up his* own arse he is. Yesterday was a prime example; I caught up with a group of seven lads all resplendent in Assos kit, got a tow off them for a mile or so then worked my way through the group acknowledging each one as I made it clear I was happy to do a shift at the front and not one of them as much as nodded back to me.

* This does not apply to any female cyclists I've ever encountered.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
All due respect and everything (which gives me carte blanche to say WTH I want) I've noticed there is a certain snobbery amongst cyclists you don't find in runners. I know I've written this before and it is a thing I've noticed a lot. The more serious the rider and the more expensive the bike, the more up his* own arse he is. Yesterday was a prime example; I caught up with a group of seven lads all resplendent in Assos kit, got a tow off them for a mile or so then worked my way through the group acknowledging each one as I made it clear I was happy to do a shift at the front and not one of them as much as nodded back to me.

Did you think at any point, that a group of cyclists who don't know who the hell you are, mightn't be too happy that you're riding yourself into their group ride/training ride/chaingang?

gam001

Über Member
Im guessing maybe a few on this post are the ones ive come across lately.:whistle:
I always say hello with a nod / wave / smile (depending on whether I can safely take hands off handlebars etc). If people don't respond I'm not that arsed and don't take it as an insult in any way - some people just like to ride and concentrate on what they're doing without letting on to every Tom / Dick / Harry they pass on a bike.
I'm not in a club, so can't comment on differences between wearing jersey or not. Regardless, don't let any of this bollox spoil your cycling :thumbsup:

gam001

Über Member

I think it's usual to say something like "do you mind if I join you for a few miles lads if I take my turn on the front?", and take it from there. If they say "no" (which I haven't yet encountered), then either speed up or drop off the back and leave them to it. :thumbsup:
As I'm not a runner, I can't comment on differences in that respect.

Top Bottom