ARRRRGHHHHH..... The stress begins....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Wasps and estate agents: what are they for, actually?

http://insects.about.com/od/antsbeeswasps/f/What-Good-Are-Wasps.htm

snippet:
Speaking in very general terms, wasps do a lot of good, actually. The term "wasp" is used to describe thousands of species within the order Hymenoptera. These include: the parasitic wasps, like ichneumonids and braconids; hunting wasps, like mud daubers, digger wasps, and spiders wasps; and pollinators like the fig wasps. As a group, wasps provide extraordinarily important ecological services, including pollination, predation, and parasitism. Put simply, without wasps we would be overrun with insect pests, and we would have no Fig Newtons.

#

Actually, they are much the same - we complain when they sting us but ignore the valuable things they do.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Excellent explanation thanks, I almost feel shame for having doubted the value of wasps.

But you don't explain the purpose of estate agents.

OP
OP
simon the viking
It went on line at 3.00 pm yesterday and wev'e got 2 viewings this morning..... (bit better than last time took nearly a month to get a viewing....) took the call at work from the agent..... booked both in for this morning/lunchtime....then rang Mrs V who was last last seen knee deep in understairs clutter, boxing it up..... her reply was....

:ohmy: GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume she hadn't finished.......

OP
OP
simon the viking
Update.... A 3rd viewing is taking place at 2.00 pm....

excited by the interest.... think there is less competition on the market at moment.....

we weren't going to start viewings on other stuff to avoid dissapointment but just keep an eye on rightmove view when we've got an offer but have decided to to look round a couple just in case.....

Tin Pot

Guru
http://insects.about.com/od/antsbeeswasps/f/What-Good-Are-Wasps.htm

snippet:
Speaking in very general terms, wasps do a lot of good, actually. The term "wasp" is used to describe thousands of species within the order Hymenoptera. These include: the parasitic wasps, like ichneumonids and braconids; hunting wasps, like mud daubers, digger wasps, and spiders wasps; and pollinators like the fig wasps. As a group, wasps provide extraordinarily important ecological services, including pollination, predation, and parasitism. Put simply, without wasps we would be overrun with insect pests, and we would have no Fig Newtons.

#

Actually, they are much the same - we complain when they sting us but ignore the valuable things they do.

"Yellowjackets mostly scavenge dead insects to feed their offspring. We do need these services, too, of course. What would the world be like if all the dead bugs just piled up? "

Because Yellowjackets are the only creature that does this. Not.

Wasps - the common lunch-ruiners - are evil and must die. End.

Excellent explanation thanks, I almost feel shame for having doubted the value of wasps.
Don't.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Found a place that is so right it's spooky viewed. Offer going in tomorrow

subaqua

What’s the point
It was cheaper for us to build a loft extension with en suite then to buy a house in the same area with that extra room that we needed.

Best of luck with your sale.

Same here. Loft conversion cost £28k , with solicitors, stamp duty, commission, moving fees a new ( to us) was £40k . Next move is to retirement place , when we win lotto.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Offer accepted on house we viewed yesterday!

We were going to put in full price offer to secure the perfect property quickly..... but inlaws pointed out the extension has got a flat roof and can be trouble.... So spoke to mortgage advisor he said don't worry everyone will still lend on it. So an offer put in bit lower with this as the reason as to why. Offer was accepted, putting in lower deposit but still well over 10 percent so we can keep hard cash back for any issues with roof (and boiler as boiler is over 10 years old... and we 2 years put a new one in our current house) Woman in there is moving in with her parents if required to secure sale..... (it is thanks!!!!)

So a massive fingers crossed.... and 2 big cycling points.....

Mrs V had said don't think about a new bike until we'd paid for decorating/new kitchen etc in old house.....she has now conceded that any decorating etc can come out of proceeds (bit kept back for such things..... but bike cant)

And one of current 2 bikes had to be sold due to storage constraints.... however garage is massive and even this point has been conceeded as well so N+1 can happen as soon as I can save for it (council tax break jan/feb can even be included......)

so I'm thinking next summer for a carbon/105 groupset bike!!!! (thinking carbon/DI2 would be taking her goodwill bit far.......)

Not feeling stressed at all:dance:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Feck
When we moved the seller was threatening to pull out as the person we were buying from kept dithering saying they couldnt find anything they liked for the offer they had accepted on their house ,they pulled out and resold for what we would have paid for it anyway but too late as we had to find another property asap or lose our buyer .
Ended up not where we wanted to be tbh .

D

Deleted member 1258

We got stitched up on one of our house moves, we agreed a price for our house then at the last minute he tried to get me to drop the price another £5000, when I wouldn't budge he pulled out leaving us with a house to go to but no cash to proceed with and they had to wait while we found another buyer.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

But you don't explain the purpose of estate agents.

well there's nothing stopping anyone from marketting their house themselves. Most find that there's value in paying someone else to do it. For the avoidance of doubt I'm not in the housing business in any capacity, and I have had dealings with good ones and crap ones.

Don't get me started on surveyors though - £600 for a survey including the gem "a random sample of windows were found to be stuck". There's only 7 windows in the entire flat - and none of them were stuck. And "crack in cieling could be expensive bu unable to check cielings as didn't have a ladder" (actually peeling paint). Advised me to get expert to check boiler, plumbing, electrics - oh and maybe someone who isn't an effin' charlatan to check the actual flat while I'm at it.

Top Bottom