ARRRRGHHHHH..... The stress begins....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simon the viking
Can I Breathe yet?

house sold STC- tick

Offer accepted - tick

Mortgage in principle approved - tick

Chain - 3 people... first time buyer below... us middle and going into rented/parents above...:okay:

This time last week all I had done was get a mortgage advisor to number crunch for us

We did look around another property last night that we had been interested in... whilst it was nice enough.... all it did was underline how much we want this one.

Julia9054

Guru
Can I Breathe yet?

house sold STC- tick

Offer accepted - tick

Mortgage in principle approved - tick

Chain - 3 people... first time buyer below... us middle and going into rented/parents above...:okay:

This time last week all I had done was get a mortgage advisor to number crunch for us

We did look around another property last night that we had been interested in... whilst it was nice enough.... all it did was underline how much we want this one.
Well done!
Though from my recent experience, you can't breathe until you get the keys in your hot little hand!

OP
OP
simon the viking
Well done!
Though from my recent experience, you can't breathe until you get the keys in your hot little hand!

It's been far too easy so far....... smacks of Syncronicity.... Last time 4 years ago...very few viewings.... no offers... Only 2 houses in price range sold.... this time the details from 4 years allowed us to market it in 24 hours then sold quick allowing us to bag the house of our dreams....

something is going to go wrong.......

Oh and got home last night.... to find a board up with sold on it......

OP
OP
simon the viking
Thread resurrection\update......

Both selling and buying surveys fine.... I mentioned a week off I'd randomly booked off work at end of October to my solicitor and he said he would work towards that week.... I got a letter from the venders solicitor saying October 22nd would be okay!!!!

I initially rang my mortgage guy to ask about bigger mortgage at beginning of September... He said fine go and sell your house first which we did 5 days later so if this date is stuck to it will be less than 8 weeks from that first phone call.....

I've probably jinxed it now though

Thread resurrection\update......

Both selling and buying surveys fine.... I mentioned a week off I'd randomly booked off work at end of October to my solicitor and he said he would work towards that week.... I got a letter from the venders solicitor saying October 22nd would be okay!!!!

I initially rang my mortgage guy to ask about bigger mortgage at beginning of September... He said fine go and sell your house first which we did 5 days later so if this date is stuck to it will be less than 8 weeks from that first phone call.....

I've probably jinxed it now though
best of wishes.
It also seems to be going a bit too smoothly on our side of things as well... first time buyers...

OP
OP
simon the viking
I started this thread 2nd September saying we had put house on the market..... updated on the 5th to say we had accepted an offer.........................

Exchanged today just 6 weeks later...........

Don't know what I was worried about.....:whistle:

Moving next Thursday.... 7 weeks.... Does help if the solicitor the estate agent suggested turns out to be an old colleague of your brothers...........

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
Final update\thread resurrection.....

We did indeed move today..... My first post about ringing estate agent was early September......... Everything went so easy......

Only problem is no phone line or broadband for a few days... So using tablet patched to phones 4g

Bikes are now now wrapped warm in the garage......

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire

We did indeed move today..... My first post about ringing estate agent was early September......... Everything went so easy......

Only problem is no phone line or broadband for a few days... So using tablet patched to phones 4g

That must be a record!

OP
OP
simon the viking
It certainly seemed very quick!!!! Just got a week of sorting boxes.... Both main bedrooms are sorted and we've now got as 3rd bedroom and garage to stick the rest.......

Julia9054

Guru

A few days! It took 8 WEEKS after moving for BT to finally sort ours out. A lesson in complete incompetence which only ended by us sending an email to the chief executive's office!
Congratulations though! I hope you are as happy in your new home as we are in ours.

Congratulations!:okay:

I'm hoping for something similar. The offer we have made was accepted at the weekend. Now we too play the same game. Luckily there is 'no chain' according to the estate agents. The property he is moving to is vacant! Not my definition of no chain but... I have told them we want to be in 2 weeks before Christmas. We shall see!

OP
OP
simon the viking
We've only just finished unpacking our last box and we moved 4 years ago, some of those boxes weren't unpacked from the move before.
You are my brother and I claim my five pounds ohhh hang on... You said you had finished unpacking... His is still on going he's moved 4 times in 10 years... And some boxes are from the first time......

Top Bottom