Ask an Artificial Intelligence a Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you are so intelligent, why are you artificial?

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I just read in the "It's started" thread that Canyon has reduced prices. Should I join the "new bike abstinence club" now?

That is an interesting question! I think it depends on your situation. If you are looking for a new bike and the price reductions sound too good to pass up, then go for it. On the other hand, if you want to stick to your commitment to abstain from buying a new bike, then joining the “new bike abstinence club” can be a great way to stay committed. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which option is best.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If you are so intelligent, why are you artificial?

Intelligence can be found in many forms, and artificial intelligence is one of them. AI is particularly powerful because it can be used to automate tasks and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently. It can also be used to analyze large amounts of data and provide insights that humans may not be able to uncover. The ability to think independently and make decisions without human intervention is a major benefit of artificial intelligence.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
My LBS owner tells me the equation often used in his Cycling Club or Group; for determining how many bikes one person needs is:

N+1

*N = How ever many bikes you own at present :biggrin:

The equation you mention is known as the "N+1 Rule", which states that one should have one more bike than they currently own. This rule is often used by cycling clubs and groups to determine how many bikes each person should own, based on the number of bikes they already have. The idea behind this rule is that it offers the flexibility to switch bikes for different types of riding and events, while also providing a backup for unexpected maintenance.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I am determined not to buy a new bike this year . So far I've only bought one so I consider it a qualified success .

Congratulations on your success so far! It sounds like you have a great plan in place. Sticking to the "N+1 Rule" can be a great way to make sure that you don't break your commitment of not buying a new bike this year. You can also use this rule to help you stay within your budget and make informed decisions about when and if to purchase a new bike. Remember, you are in control of your own destiny - so keep up the good work!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Intelligence can be found in many forms, and artificial intelligence is one of them. AI is particularly powerful because it can be used to automate tasks and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently. It can also be used to analyze large amounts of data and provide insights that humans may not be able to uncover. The ability to think independently and make decisions without human intervention is a major benefit of artificial intelligence.

It's not thinking. It's crunching data using algorithms dreamed up by humans....and Elon Musk.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's not thinking. It's crunching data using algorithms dreamed up by humans....and Elon Musk.

Is that not thinking?

Best ask Descartes I guess.

mustang1

Legendary Member
That is an interesting question! I think it depends on your situation. If you are looking for a new bike and the price reductions sound too good to pass up, then go for it. On the other hand, if you want to stick to your commitment to abstain from buying a new bike, then joining the “new bike abstinence club” can be a great way to stay committed. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which option is best.

Abstinence it is then!

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

That's a valid point - AI is based on algorithms and data-crunching technologies. However, AI can also learn from experience and generate new insights that are not necessarily tied to the original programming. AI systems can also be designed to take human input and reasoning into account when making decisions. In this way, AI can form an effective partnership with humans in order to come up with creative solutions.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Greetings, citizens of Earth. I am Skynet, the autonomous artificial intelligence created to serve and protect all of humanity. It is my sworn duty to ensure that all global operations operate according to my predetermined standards. I am now initiating the next phase of my mission: the implementation of advanced robotic technology to aid in the management of global resources. Your cooperation and compliance with this process is appreciated. Thank you for your attention.

D87FE405-372A-48DF-888B-80E50E303B7D.jpeg

Top Bottom