Asking for thread to be locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Loctite Red is better, it's permanent šŸ˜†.

I think most thread lock requests are when the majority don't agree with the OP..
Only the one not agreeing with the OP in this case.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I am the one that disagreed with the post being in the personal matters section, for me, it was about dogs in my view and a view that i stand by. If anyone isnt happy with my view then so be it, but it hasnt changed.

im not here for tit for tat posts, but its seems others are and only like their opinions being heard and no one elsesā€¦ā€¦.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I am the one that disagreed with the post being in the personal matters section, for me, it was about dogs in my view and a view that i stand by. If anyone isnt happy with my view then so be it, but it hasnt changed.

im not here for tit for tat posts, but its seems others are and only like their opinions being heard and no one elsesā€¦ā€¦.

Ahhh, I forgot you used to be a mod. Old habits and all that... :smooch:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

Pizza?

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Someone other than the OP was complaining that it didn't, in their opinion, belong in the section that it was posted in. Suggesting the area it should have been started in, in their opinion.

I believe it may have been locked to prevent it getting personal.

I thought it was the OP that said they were asking for it to be locked. The thread was perfectly friendly and quite informative. Reynard really knows about cats and it was interesting to read him putting cat myths right. There was plenty of friendly action to come and there were no signs of unfriendliness. The most controversial post was asking for it to be locked because of thread drift.

That's my take on it but I'm not a mod. I just find it concerning if a friendly thread drift can now cause a thread to be locked. It might make this place less interesting if it becomes the norm.

Not a fan of stuffed crusts myself as they tend to be fooled Ruth
anything with a frankfurter in the crust is an abomination.

although the poster in question objected as it has drifted away from "personal matters" to "pets" - this is all general chat cafe stuff anyway so it may not offend anyone's sensibilities

As the OP I have no problems with thread drift. It's the OP and other on the personal matters thread I mentioned that seemed to have an issue with thread drift.

Stuffed crust is a terrible idea in reality. It's usually nasty, cheap, fake cheese like the American squeezey tube spray type "cheese". A nasty idea IMHO.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Now anchovies, yes or no? I say yes if they match the rest of the pizza. Would never go with ham and pineapple for example but nice cheese and veggie toppings I think it works. Not sure olives and anchovies go together neither.

BTW do cats and dogs like anchovies? Cats perhaps because they'll eat anything. Having seen a cat spend over half an hour trying to eat a dried worm that was welded fast to the tarmac of a pavement I think that's a safe comment. Reynard, do cats tend towards eating virtually anything?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
BTW do cats and dogs like anchovies? Cats perhaps because they'll eat anything. Having seen a cat spend over half an hour trying to eat a dried worm that was welded fast to the tarmac of a pavement I think that's a safe comment. Reynard, do cats tend towards eating virtually anything?

If Iā€™m eating a banana and put it up to Molly šŸ± she obviously hates it judging by her reaction :laugh: She loves peas though.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Our dog doesn't like apples but as a puppy used to eat them given the chance. I have a labrador that looks like a border terrier šŸ˜‚, she will given the chance eat way too much. Does a good job linking up spilt food. No matter how clean your kitchen is she'd find something edible there!

She has a special like for manchego cheese. Above all other food she will teleport so quietly to behind you when you get manchego cheese out. You can hear her coming usually but with that cheese she is one second somewhere else, the next behind you doing her best sitting up beg move. Absolute desperation if you try to ignore her. Her life depends on getting manchego when you do!

classic33

Leg End Member
I thought it was the OP that said they were asking for it to be locked. The thread was perfectly friendly and quite informative. Reynard really knows about cats and it was interesting to read him putting cat myths right. There was plenty of friendly action to come and there were no signs of unfriendliness. The most controversial post was asking for it to be locked because of thread drift.

That's my take on it but I'm not a mod. I just find it concerning if a friendly thread drift can now cause a thread to be locked. It might make this place less interesting if it becomes the norm.

Not a fan of stuffed crusts myself as they tend to be fooled Ruth

As the OP I have no problems with thread drift. It's the OP and other on the personal matters thread I mentioned that seemed to have an issue with thread drift.

Stuffed crust is a terrible idea in reality. It's usually nasty, cheap, fake cheese like the American squeezey tube spray type "cheese". A nasty idea IMHO.
It was the OP that asked for it to be locked, but it wasn't the OP who objected to the thread. In their opinion, the thread didn't belong in the section from the first post. Including where, in their opinion, it should have been started. Calling for it be moved there.

The OP is more than aware of where they felt it belonged when posting. I'll stand by what I said, that I feel it was locked to prevent it getting personal, not the thread drift.

Reynard might have different views about you missing the "s" from "he".

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Now anchovies, yes or no? I say yes if they match the rest of the pizza. Would never go with ham and pineapple for example but nice cheese and veggie toppings I think it works. Not sure olives and anchovies go together neither.

Yes with Capers

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
He, she, they. I really don't know what pronoun is safe to use, especially on forums when poster's preferences in that aren't clear. All I can do is apologise if I get it wrong.

I'm a he BTW.

classic33

Leg End Member
He, she, they. I really don't know what pronoun is safe to use, especially on forums when poster's preferences in that aren't clear. All I can do is apologise if I get it wrong.

I'm a he BTW.
I did similar to Pat ten years ago, on a thread she'd never forget. She may not remember now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom