Asking for thread to be locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Whatever the etiquette might be for the rest of the forum, Personal Matters is Personal Matters and you don't go in there stomping all over someone else's thread, it's disrespectful. If there's a problem it can be raised quietly with the moderating team without causing a fuss.

I think in that particular sub-forum it's perfectly legitimate for the OP to claim ownership of the thread and request that it be locked. Elsewhere? Meh, whatever. If I start a thread and somebody drags it off course or doesn't read the OP properly or answer the question or whatever, I'll generally respond by taking the piss a bit and being sarcastic about it. It can be a bit frustrating if there's a particular thing you want to talk about of question you want to ask but that's the nature of conversation. If you want people to stick to a topic you started, maybe it's up to you to make it more interesting.

Now anchovies, yes or no? I say yes if they match the rest of the pizza. Would never go with ham and pineapple for example but nice cheese and veggie toppings I think it works. Not sure olives and anchovies go together neither.

BTW do cats and dogs like anchovies? Cats perhaps because they'll eat anything. Having seen a cat spend over half an hour trying to eat a dried worm that was welded fast to the tarmac of a pavement I think that's a safe comment. Reynard, do cats tend towards eating virtually anything?

I love anchovies, earlier this year all the Morrisons deli counters near me stopped selling them but I did get to buy their last stock on yellow sticker, 20p a tub and I bought 12. Dined like a king that week😊

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Isn't it strange that only one member feels the thread was going to get personal....no one else thinks that.

For me, complaining about a friend babying a dog isn't a personal matter that needs hiding or discussed in a thread where people post about illness, mental health and other major personal issues.....babying a dog isnt one for me and thats my view on the subject. The OP replied to me with an answer and nothing more was said. No personal attacks, nothing.......

I hope people making post's with thinly vailed attacks against me, without using my name will now stop Or i will report them, like it or not.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Is it a pizza if it has no base?

Where are you leaning towards?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
As the OP of the thread in question here's my take.

The thread was posted in Personal Matters as it described a personal situation involving anthropomorphism and some newish friends that was bothering me.

I just wanted to know how others felt about the situation and tbf the early replies stuck to the thread theme.

Eventually the thread veered into a broad ranging dog and cat love-in. All very nice ( I like both species, especially dogs) but of no real help to me.

Imo much of @winjim 's post #46 has a similar sentiment to my own ie Personal Matters is a slightly different case re thread ownership, for want of a better term, than the rest of the forum.

Certainly, during my years spent as a Mod on this Board, interventions were made to keep threads on track in Personal Matters for the benefit of the OP. Some requested by the OP and some not.

If the above has changed I'm sure the Mods will have taken due regard.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Anything belongs on a pizza , its peasant food for using up whatever bits are around.

Not anchovies though as they are unprocessed fishmeal fertilizer.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Isn't it strange that only one member feels the thread was going to get personal....no one else thinks that.

For me, complaining about a friend babying a dog isn't a personal matter that needs hiding or discussed in a thread where people post about illness, mental health and other major personal issues.....babying a dog isnt one for me and thats my view on the subject. The OP replied to me with an answer and nothing more was said. No personal attacks, nothing.......

I hope people making post's with thinly vailed attacks against me, without using my name will now stop Or i will report them, like it or not.

I bother way less getting involved with this forum because of you and the way you post. You are belligerent at times. I find your attitude quite boring. You stomped all over the "Babying Dogs" thread as though you own the forum.

It's time you wound your neck in. Or at the very least take a breath before you tell us all what is right.

You won't reflect on this opinion. You'll carry on shi**ing on everything, and hit report like it's a squeaky toy.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Also different people have different ideas about what they would consider to be a 'personal matter', which is part of what makes it personal. Everyone has a different threshold for distress or difficulty and you can't really gatekeep peoples emotional responses. They're all legitimate even if to some of us they may seem trivial. We're all conditioned by our individual circumstances, relationships, society etc.

0f5exf9xwa681.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom