Assaulted by bus driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
p.s. I'm not sure I even like other cyclists anymore. Never mind bus drivers, cab drivers, women drivers, men drivers........................anybody else that's on the road other than me!

Eat MY Dust said:
p.s. I'm not sure I even like other cyclists anymore. Never mind bus drivers, cab drivers, women drivers, men drivers........................anybody else that's on the road other than me!

Nah, where's the fun in that. Surely you must take some pleasure floating past queues of traffic....:evil::thumbsup:

Jake

and while you wait at red lights and all these idiots sail past as if the sign was not even there. drives me bonkers. and taxis who think its ok to sit in the ASL's, or drive in cycle lanes. :evil:

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
To the poster who wanted to know what African continent the bus driver was from....

..not very PC there is it?!!!! :ohmy:

To the poster who said that the OP needs to get some perspective if he thinks sacking is a just punishment for getting a shove...

.. this man is a BUS DRIVER... he's not a builder or a nurse or a receptionist - he is a BUS DRIVER - he should be able to cope with the pressures of driving around in London on a daily basis in the worst traffic that there is without having to resort to violent behavoir - he is a representative of whatever company he works for and he is not capable of answering in a sane and adult way as to why he overtook a cyclist so close?

When a driver uses their car to teach a cyclist a lesson they forgot that the worst that can happen is DEATH (of the cylist of course)... it's not a little thing that they did. He can't keep his temper and a bad tempers don't sit well in a "professional" drivers role do they?

As for the "lawyer" on the bus saying that the OP was "being ridiculous" what a twunk but then unfortunately the world is full of lawyers that are like that - imagine introducing yourself as a lawyer and then saying that because he is a lawyer he is qualified to say that OP is ridiculous!! FFS

Didn't there used to be a lawyer who used to post on here (or the previous site) that was always up his own bottom - can't remember his name now but it used to have some 6's in it I think and a tag line that said that a certain date couldn't come quick enough!

(By the way I work in a firm of Solicitors!!!!!!!!) :evil:

hackbike 6

Didn't there used to be a lawyer who used to post on here (or the previous site) that was always up his own bottom - can't remember his name now but it used to have some 6's in it I think and a tag line that said that a certain date couldn't come quick enough!

I remember him.Also I remember his name but im not saying.:evil:

He still posts on here.

When a driver uses their car to teach a cyclist a lesson they forgot that the worst that can happen is DEATH (of the cylist of course)

Not necessarily true.

J4CKO

I cant cope with shoving, its a prelude to a punch up, I have never shoved back, its just wasting time and energy.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Ask for the CCTV like Magnatom said, shame no helmet cam as you could get the jerk. You were very sensible getting on the bus if it was his bus and if he got on there as they can't deny and go along with the story that it's a member of the public making it up as you were there whatever did happen. I've complained twice before about a bus driver and a security driver and both times couldn't prove what happened and they've investigated it (angered their bosses no end) and trotted out the deniability.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
hackbike 6 said:

I remember him.Also I remember his name but im not saying.:ohmy:

He still posts on here.

When a driver uses their car to teach a cyclist a lesson they forgot that the worst that can happen is DEATH (of the cylist of course)

Not necessarily true.

Was his name spen or something?!!! :evil:

Why is it not necessarily true that the worst that can happen is death - do you mean not necessarily death of the cyclist?!

I can't imagine that I would come off better in a fight with a bus!!!!

Jake

Call me silly and old fashioned, but I seem to forget being PC when i've got a Somalian in a big red bus only cm's from my back wheel, or trying to push me out of the way/lane. I must remember to be more polite.

J4CKO

jake said:
call me silly and old fashioned, but i seem to forget being pc when i've got a somalian in a big red bus only cm's from my back wheel, or trying to push me out of the way/lane. I must remember to be more polite.

lol !

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Jake said:
Call me silly and old fashioned, but I seem to forget being PC when i've got a Somalian in a big red bus only cm's from my back wheel, or trying to push me out of the way/lane. I must remember to be more polite.

Don't be like that!!!

I meant that you weren't very PC in your post that presumed that the driver of the bus this thread relates to was from an African Continent!

Your post reminded me of a letter that got sent out from our offices once re a personal injury claim.

The client had fallen down some stairs in a building somewhere and the owners of the bulding were complaining that she didn't tell security staff who she was so there was no record of her actual incident. I think the Solicitor wrote to the other side something like...

We are sorry that our client neglected to introduce herself as she was hurtline down 2 flights of stairs - perhaps next time she will remember her manners!

It was very funny!

Now then - are we all friends again!?? :evil:

Jake said:

But, what has the fact that he is Somalian got to do with anything? A big bus cms from my rear wheel is a big bus cms from my rear wheel. It doesn't matter what nationality or colour the driver is.

Top Bottom