Assaulted by bus driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hackbike 6

Why is it not necessarily true that the worst that can happen is death - do you mean not necessarily death of the cyclist?!

Sometimes it's better to die instead of being injured IMHO.

Jake

I think I was comenting at the begining that an increasing ammount of london bus drivers are from africa and some of their driving skills are not all that. Not that some bus drivers were that good anyway.

hackbike 6

Trouble is Jake comments like that are taken the wrong way so I tend not to say things like that.

Plus it's only the odd bus drivers that are bad.

Also I think I almost expect a bus driver to dive in at the bus stop so I ready for it.

OP
OP
L

LOGAN 5

Update.
Been down the police station to report it. I know it's not a serious crime but I honestly don't expect to be shoved by a professional bus driver.

It will be investigated as common assault as soon as we can work out who the driver was from TfL.

To the poster who said because I wanted him sacked I had no perspective, if I shouted at a colleague/client/customer/member at work inches from their face and shoved them i would be dismissed. He was representing his company and as such should have more self control.

To the other poster who questioned his nationality he wasn't African.

He got really irate in the first place because he couldn't get into the earlier bus stop because I was between him and the kerb after his bad overtake. This is a common occurrence on Waterloo Bridge and bus drivers just bully cyclists out of the way when they want to cut in at the stops. That's when he drove really close and hooted to teach me a lesson. I never swore at him just gestured for him to move over which he obviously didn't like much.

Should have got myself a helmet cam to record it.

skwerl

the reluctant cyclist said:
Was his name spen or something?!!! :evil:

Why is it not necessarily true that the worst that can happen is death - do you mean not necessarily death of the cyclist?!

I can't imagine that I would come off better in a fight with a bus!!!!

Spen666

Jake

there you are, you can all hang your heads in shame :evil:

I do have to write quick and not always think as have to get comments in quick before boss see's im sneaking on here again to yap

Good result logan.

beancounter

LOGAN 5 said:
To the poster who said because I wanted him sacked I had no perspective, if I shouted at a colleague/client/customer/member at work inches from their face and shoved them i would be dismissed.

No you wouldn't (unless you'd done it before).

You can only be dismissed for a first offence if that offence is gross misconduct, and this isn't.

And you weren't/aren't the bus driver's colleague/client/customer/member.

bc

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Extract from our firm manual....

You will not be dismissed for a first breach of discipline, act of misconduct or unsatisfactory standard of work except in the case of gross misconduct or disobedience.

Gross misconduct includes (but is not limited to):

serious acts of insubordination

serious breaches of health and safety rules
theft

Blah Blah Blah

fighting on the Firm’s premises or threatening physical violence

I would have said that shoving somebody and being "in their face" would come under this!! ;)

Good luck Logan – sounds like a horrible experience
Although I don’t cycle over it regularly, I’m pretty familiar with negotiating Waterloo Bridge on a bike. That’s got to be one of the easiest parts of the route for any bus driver – if he can’t make it past you safely, or hold back there, then there is little hope for him on the rest of his route! Unfortunatley, as you said, they doo often seem to feel it necessary to bully thier way over

As mags says, INSIST on getting the CCTV – that’s what it’s there for, and don’t just communicate by phone call – get it all down in writing - oh, and be a real pain in the arse until its investigated.

And on behalf of ALL the cyclists in London, thanks in advance for trying (however lacking in perspective you are;)) to get one piece of sh1t bus driver off the streets and for making all of our journeys a little safer tomorrow…

the reluctant cyclist said:
Extract from our firm manual....

You will not be dismissed for a first breach of discipline, act of misconduct or unsatisfactory standard of work except in the case of gross misconduct or disobedience.

Gross misconduct includes (but is not limited to):

serious acts of insubordination

serious breaches of health and safety rules
theft

Blah Blah Blah

fighting on the Firm’s premises or threatening physical violence

I would have said that shoving somebody and being "in their face" would come under this!! xx(

I’d also say that seeing as he already used the bus to intimidate you, getting out of the cab and shoving you could be seen as a second offence….;)

charliesurf

This driver may have previous, and it should be reported. It may end in dismissal for him.

1.Why did he get out of the bus, and 2. Why where the passengers so against you ?

it beggars belief.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
It sounds awful the whole thing and the passengers ganging up on you!
Some kind of pack mentality!?

Full sympathy from me. I hope you nail the driver.

I can't help thinking this could be almost any cyclist this could happen to.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hmm I wonder where you would have stood had you stayed on the bus and phoned the police direct from it?

While the guy doesnt have to give you his name you can log down the route number, the bus ID number (usually around the door and on the back) and the plates.

I have to say, strikes excluded, our local bus drivers are pretty good around cyclists. Rarely ever had any run ins

beancounter said:
A bus driver shoved you, and you hope he gets the sack.

I think you lack perspective.

bc

The way I read this is that Bus Driver twice poorly overtook and unnecessarily endangered the OP - form my perspective that is unacceptable - If however after topping this off with aggression and bodily contact you feel he is a "fit and proper" person to be driving the public around in a bus then you are entitled to your opinion....then again this could simply be a lack of perspective?

Top Bottom