Assos = ass on show

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by betty swollocks, 13 Jul 2018.

Tags:
  1. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

I intended to ride with friends yesterday morning, but when I met up with them, I remembered I had to attend a CPR course out near Basingstoke.
    As they were going in the opposite direction, I was only able to ride with them for a short while, during which a rider behind pointed out my (almost new!) cycling shorts were transparent in places. I thanked him, pulled my cycling jersey down at the back, carried on and then left them all at a propitious moment and rode off Basingstoke-wards. It was then too late to go home and change.
    During the course the instructor asked (I protested, but she was insistent) me to get up in front of the other 20 attendees and be a dummy so she could demonstrate how to stop someone choking with back slaps. This involved me bending half over with my derriere pointing to the crowd. At this point, the room fell deafeningly silent.
    I'm not going to buy Assos cycling shorts any more.......

Pat "5mph", Paulus, Tin Pot and 17 others like this.
  2. Threevok

Threevok Über Member Photo Winner

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Just right for the “semi naked bike ride” :laugh:

4. Liz Su

Liz Su Über Member

You should write to Assos and complain and return the shorts for a refund, they are not cheap and thats not a nice thing to happen.
    I think you would have been best off going home and getting changed first before attending that course.

Tin Pot likes this.
  5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

That must have been a sight. ^_^

6. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

At least your betty swallocks were covered. Well I hope so.......

betty swollocks and Hugh Manatee like this.
  7. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Get some rubber cycling shorts, and wear them over your ass, and under your assos :okay:

SHO005_d.jpg

Not these ones though as it would defeat the object.

61f7u6zO4tL._SX466_.jpg

Mrs M, classic33, Soltydog and 3 others like this.
  8. Threevok

Threevok Über Member Photo Winner

Just liked that

Perhaps I shouldn't have

Fnaar likes this.
  9. queasyrider

queasyrider Still perplexed

Lycra cycling clothing is for the bike, or coffee stops, and should never be worn on other occasions.

Serves you right :ohmy: :eek: :bravo:

Mrs M, classic33 and Threevok like this.
  10. cyberknight

cyberknight Legendary Member

Was a lady at the club ride a few weeks ago her shorts were also see though near enough at the back , for some reason she wasnt overtaken a lot .

Threevok and classic33 like this.
  11. PaulSB

PaulSB Guru

I’ve seen this a few times with other shorts brands as well as experienced it myself. It’s not a problem with Assos in particular

I always wear Assos and expect to get 2-3 years from a pair. You should be looking for a refund.

12. swansonj

swansonj Guru

Ladies! Do not worry! Cycling is a very inclusive activity! There is no reason at all which you should not feel your local cycle club to be a completely safe space!

cyberknight likes this.
  13. cyberknight

cyberknight Legendary Member

Maybe i should have been a bit more grammatically correct , and accurate i just wanted to highlight the fact some shorts are sheer , we were not really perving at her ass no more than the rear end of any other ride member to which i have seen a number in see through lycra .We didnt all really ride behind her have a lech and were too polite to raise it so as not to cause embarrassment as we wouldnt do to any other rider.
    If i have offended please feel free to berate me .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice