Astrazenica 1 & 2 followed by Pfizer any problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
There is a weird two tier thing going on. If you book through the NHS website you seem to get sites that are much further away. If your GP sends you a link you get the site down the road...

Booked through NHS site and walked to a place 1.3 miles away. My GP surgery is slightly further away but GP invite came later than it was possible to book on NHS site. Really does depend where you live.

vickster

Legendary Member
No-where to lock the bike !! :wacko:
Walk there?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Astrazenica 1 & 2 followed by Pfizer any problems? Nope: March AZ1, Jun AZ2, last Sunday (cycled down to town where all the surgeries have got together and set up a 'centre' Sat/Sun in the gym): Pfizer. Ever so slight sore upper left arm 4-20 hours after. Flu jab in right arm: no side effects. As I said elsewhere: hope it's actually working.
Mix of trained staff and volunteers. Smooth and well organised. Doctors getting £15 per jab and £20 on Sundays.

Last edited:

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Interesting that this has been mentioned - my mother had 2x AZ then the Pfizer booster; really knocked her on her arse for at least 10 days.. to the extent that I was really quite worried about her for a bit. Her arm was painful throughout (which was somewhat reassuring that the rest of the symptoms were vaccine-related and not something else) and thankfully there don't seem to be any obvious lasting effects beyond this.
This is what's worrying me - I had the 2 jabs of astra-zeneca, as recommended by my GP as I am immune compromised, and in limbo here as it's now any jab you like as long as it's Pfizer. I'm waiting for a special arrangement but meanwhile having to do long Christmas work shifts without enough distancing after my regular work went pear-shaped with covid. I haven't found any evidence that a change of vaccine at this late stage has been evaluated either for side-effects or effectiveness. The vaccine mechanisms are very different.
Hope your mum is ok!

I had 2x AZ and then a pfizer booster - all a while ago as I'm seriously old - with no side effects of the Pfizer other than a very sore upper arm, comparable with the soreness of the anti-tet jab.
As I said to someone, if anyone had brushed past my arm in the 48 hrs following Pfizer, I'd have been hard put not to have thumped them.
If they'd have grabbed my arm, I WOULD have thumped them!
Yet as long as nothing put any pressure on it, and I didn't lean or lie on it all, and was careful getting dressed and undressed, it didn't bother me.
Not bad at all in exchange for a presumed leap up in level of protection; I'd happily have it regularly if necessary.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Walk there?
Work day so needed to be back - 2-3 hour round trip on foot. Anyway I took the little Aygo instead of my big car.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
This is what's worrying me - I had the 2 jabs of astra-zeneca, as recommended by my GP as I am immune compromised, and in limbo here as it's now any jab you like as long as it's Pfizer. I'm waiting for a special arrangement but meanwhile having to do long Christmas work shifts without enough distancing after my regular work went pear-shaped with covid. I haven't found any evidence that a change of vaccine at this late stage has been evaluated either for side-effects or effectiveness. The vaccine mechanisms are very different.
Hope your mum is ok!
Thanks - she's now back to her usual infuriating self :smile:

Sounds you're in a difficult situation and tbh I'm the last person qualified to offer any advice. I do recall hearing a snippet somewhere that a booster of different flavour to the two previous ones might give improved protection over a third of the same type.. however it's anyone's guess how valid this is. I think the only certainty throughout this whole mess is that we're all (as individuals) flying blind.

Sounds like something you need to bounce it off your GP, assuming you trust their judgement of course.

Good luck with it all!

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Definately benefits for mixing it up.
Read the Nature article carefully - the increased immune responses were in vitro, and the closing paragraph says,

" Last week, a UK study called Com-COV, which analysed combinations of the same two vaccines, found that people in the mix-and-match groups experienced higher rates of common vaccine-related side effects, such as fever, than did people who received two doses of the same vaccine2. In the Spanish CombivacS trial, mild side effects were common, and similar to those seen in standard COVID-19 vaccine regimens. None was deemed severe. "

Not a huge sample in the completed Spanish trial - only 600. Neither of the studies were of a third dose. With the new variant too there is a lack of research into any vaccine's effectiveness.

Thanks - she's now back to her usual infuriating self :smile:

Sounds you're in a difficult situation and tbh I'm the last person qualified to offer any advice. I do recall hearing a snippet somewhere that a booster of different flavour to the two previous ones might give improved protection over a third of the same type.. however it's anyone's guess how valid this is. I think the only certainty throughout this whole mess is that we're all (as individuals) flying blind.

Sounds like something you need to bounce it off your GP, assuming you trust their judgement of course.

Good luck with it all!
Thank you!

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hope your mum is ok!
I’m immunocompromised too ( knackered bone marrow) I had my booster several weeks ago which was Pfizer, my first two doses were A.Z. I spoke with my medical consultant and she said there were no issues with me taking it. I had a bit of a sore arm and felt a bit below par for a couple of days, but apart from that all is well.

Top Bottom