Astrazenica 1 & 2 followed by Pfizer any problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I can get my booster which will be Pfizer tomorrow, my first two were astrazenica. I have heard it's common to have bad side effects after that combination and I'm a bit worried to the extent of putting it off as i fly out for 6 weeks on Monday and don't want to be ill.

I'm hoping people haven't had many problems before i decide whether to have it or not.

SydZ

Über Member
The mix appears to give good results. All three on mine were Pfizer.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/covid-19-vaccine-mixing-astrazeneca-pfizer/

vickster

Legendary Member
Side effects are rare with the Covid vaccines, especially ones that last more than a day or two. Did you have issues with the first two?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I shouldn't risk it.

1635877172908.png

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
I have had this combination of vaccines and booster. From 12 to 36 hours after the Pfizer booster I would describe my condition as a bit off-colour. The 12-hour point coincided with bed time and I passed a night typical of the first night of the onset of a cold — restless, sweaty, some funny dreams. The following day I was a bit under the weather but the condition did not stop me doing a large supermarket shop and I had a normal appetite. After the 36-hour point, I was completely back to normal. In summary: a bit of a bind but nothing to stop you functioning and completely irrelevant compared to covid. Definitely get the booster.

gbb

Legendary Member
Had AZ 1!& 2, felt bad the next day after AZ 1, no after effects at all with AZ 2.
Had Pfizer & Flu jab Saturday, no effects whatsoever barring a slightly sore shoulder each side.

Edited to say, there is maybe a lot of colds going round, ive had a mild one since Tues/Weds, not bad just troublesome so in my case...and perhaps many others, nothing to do with the booster.

Last edited:
I can get my booster which will be Pfizer tomorrow, my first two were astrazenica. I have heard it's common to have bad side effects after that combination and I'm a bit worried to the extent of putting it off as i fly out for 6 weeks on Monday and don't want to be ill.

I'm hoping people haven't had many problems before i decide whether to have it or not.
It's not common. Where did you hear that ?

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Side effects are rare with the Covid vaccines, especially ones that last more than a day or two. Did you have issues with the first two?

No i was absolutely fine but it's because i heard this mix can give you the bad side effects I'm a bit weary of that. If I wasn't traveling i wouldn't give it a second thought, so that's why I'm trying to weigh it up.

vickster

Legendary Member
No i was absolutely fine but it's because i heard this mix can give you the bad side effects I'm a bit weary of that. If I wasn't traveling i wouldn't give it a second thought, so that's why I'm trying to weigh it up.
But it’s 6 weeks away, not a week? I’ve not heard anything about specific booster side effects, and certainly not longer term.

My nearly 80 year old father had his booster on Saturday, no ill effects (nor did he after his first two AZ).

A friend who had Pfizer first had a Pfizer booster and no issues.

I wouldn’t worry, Covid infection can be much worse

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
My wife's friend had it for a week, went to the doc's and they said it seemed fairly common.

All sounds very vague. What specific side effects did your wife’s friend have for a week that warranted a GP visit? Presume it must have been something concerning like a headache lasting 4 days. Those things are something like 1 in a million. A very long way from common.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Being serious for a moment - difficult for me - the combination itself apparently presents no more chancemofmside effects than any other.

The original vaccine and its consitutuents are lo g since gone from your body. Therefore, there is nothing left to act as a reagent to the new vaccine. All that happens is your immune system responds to the new vaccine itself.

Top Bottom