Astrazenica 1 & 2 followed by Pfizer any problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
I guess the gp doesn't hear back from the hundreds of patients who have no issues. Common is definitely overstating it.
I had OAZ 1&2 and Pz Booster 10 days ago. Sore arm with all three, no reaction to 1, possibly a few days tired snd under the weather to 2. Maybe abit with 3 but I was recovering from a mild cold and sore throat (which still hasn’t fully gone) Nothing that prevented functioning or cycling.
I have a 3&5 year old so we have permasuffles going round our household which could also easily account for any symptoms. I also do rapid Lat Flow tests 3 times a week for work, all negative.

keithmac

Guru
I've got it and I'm sure the vaccine has prevented me passing it on to my family (you can have it 5 days before testing positive or any symptoms).

I'd have any of them as a booster, no questions asked.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Was pinged by my Doctor time to get booster. Went to walk in and showed text message. Filled in forms, answered questions, waited in line. Got all the way to the vacinator who did final computer check. 6 months in 18 days time and rule cant be bent.
No real harm done, but delayed others and wasted an hour.

So moral of story is, Check your facts and don't accept "authority" is always right.
I agree with your last line.

I was called in by blue letter for my booser / flu jag and got all the way to the vaccinator who did the final check. 21 weeks, nursey says no.

In my case (due to meds I take) the limit is actually 8 weeks.

NHS Scotland said:
You are eligible for both:

You can only receive your third dose of coronavirus vaccine 8 weeks after your second dose.
NHS Scotland will aim to give you both vaccines at the same time where possible.

Ten days later I caught covid...:angry:

Johnno260

Veteran
I can get my booster which will be Pfizer tomorrow, my first two were astrazenica. I have heard it's common to have bad side effects after that combination and I'm a bit worried to the extent of putting it off as i fly out for 6 weeks on Monday and don't want to be ill.

I'm hoping people haven't had many problems before i decide whether to have it or not.

My wife had that mix and no side affects outside a sore arm which we don’t really count.

2 AZs then a pfizer booster - no probs with any apart from a very slightly sore arm for a day or so. So no probs at all.
Very impressed with the entire programme.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Was pinged by my Doctor time to get booster. Went to walk in and showed text message. Filled in forms, answered questions, waited in line. Got all the way to the vacinator who did final computer check. 6 months in 18 days time and rule cant be bent.
No real harm done, but delayed others and wasted an hour.

So moral of story is, Check your facts and don't accept "authority" is always right.
The ping from your doctor should have been to book the booster which you can do up to 1 month before you are allowed to get the booster.

The ping from your doctor should have been to book the booster which you can do up to 1 month before you are allowed to get the booster.
I got a text from my GP after I'd already gone online (inputting my full details) booked the booster and had it.
(not criticising the GP practice I stress)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks to this thread I didn't make the same mistake. I'm sure I would have done otherwise.

Mine is booked now, six months to the day after my second jab.

Top Bottom