At last a challenge to Big Pat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
Are you an Ulster-man as well as an old-road-man ? I shall amuse myself reading your posts in the style of Ian Paisley from now on ;-)
^_^^_^^_^, Oh no, but I tell you (spoken in Paisley accent), whatever you say and however much you manage to negotiate an agreement I shall always demand more and "the fight goes on"!! Mr Ulsterman politician is alive and...well?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-ordered-to-answer-doping-questions-as-legal-case-closes-in
This could go in the old Lance thread but I've put it here because Phat Pat gets a mention...

... According to the Associated Press news agency, a Texas judge has ordered Armstrong to provide documents and written answers to a series of questions by the end of September. The case could also reveal if and what Armstrong's former wife Kristin and UCI President Pat McQuaid knew about his doping

I don't actually recall Acceptance Insurance Holding but they and SCA are still in the hunt for wonga.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've just heard McQaid on the radio.
He was making the point that he's an IOC member and, if he's not re-elected the profile of cycling in the Olympics could suffer.
If I heard it correctly (I was washing up at the time), he drew the parallel between hockey losing its Olympics place after the "head of hockey", also an IOC member, was replaced.
McQuaid was very clear that he wasn't scare-mongering.........

Do you think he'll be asking Jacques Rogge for character references to help his election campaign ?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this low-life type behaviour but actually I am.

thom

____
I've just heard McQaid on the radio.
He was making the point that he's an IOC member and, if he's not re-elected the profile of cycling in the Olympics could suffer.
If I heard it correctly (I was washing up at the time), he drew the parallel between hockey losing its Olympics place after the "head of hockey", also an IOC member, was replaced.
McQuaid was very clear that he wasn't scare-mongering.........

Do you think he'll be asking Jacques Rogge for character references to help his election campaign ?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this low-life type behaviour but actually I am.

Looks like he's only been on the IOC committees for 2 or 3 years : http://www.olympic.org/mr-pat-mcquaid
Was cycling in danger of being marginalised in the Olympics before that ? hmmmm.....

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cycling has just been confirmed as a 'core sport' at the IOC meeting in Buenos Aires. This election cannot have any effect on that. He's talking shoot.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
We all knew of the bung for Armstrong, but I didn't know about the attempted bribe for Contador, these guys really have no limits do they and yet Pat still thinks he's got a chance of getting re-elected? I think the only reason he wants to continue is to try and bury the very thing that will finish him.... I'm quite sure there's something illegal here that both of them can be prosecuted for, hopefully some jail time will come of this.

Hont

Guru
It is all depressingly believable. Armstrong riding the Tour of Ireland looked odd, especially when he hopped off after a stage or two and Contador's test result reeked of cover-up from the second it broke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom