At what time is it ok for a man to grow a beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I gave up shaving in late 1976. In fact shaving gave me up, as the electric razor I'd been using packed in. I was broke and commuting by Motorcycle at the time and by the time I got paid I had a reasonable growth. Over the years I have grown it long, had it little more than a stubble and every length in between. Lady Byegad has never seen me without a beard, neither have my two sons. Moreover, Lady Byegad as issued a fatwa should I ever get the urge to shave again. However, I rather like the facial fuzz, so have no plans to irritate my somewhat tender skin with a razor again.

My younger son has grown a rather splendid beard of his own, which amuses his brother no end.

tyred

Legendary Member
No thank you. The safety razor is great invention.

subaqua

What’s the point
When he feels like it ... I had one last year . This year I can’t be bothered . Can’t be bothered with much TBH but that’s. Different thread ..

Tin Pot

Guru
In the barbers now...is it time to go?

6CEAA750-2353-42BB-B471-9204F3E1E9C0.jpeg

keithmac

Guru
Ive tried a few times but just can't get on with a full blown beard, itchy and annoying for me.

Two weeks and I've had enough.

Use the hair trimmer now for a grade 1 beard , just a bit of stubble to colour my face in!.

Wet shaving is a pita so stubble it is..

fungalcycle

Unhygienic looking , sweaty , smelly , not for me.

Scraping your skin with a blade (manual or electric) makes tiny little wounds on your skin that are most likely getting tiny little infections. Plus, the foam, the after shave, kill all the good bacteria and fungus protecting your live skin beneath the dead cells. You were born with this balance of bacteria and fungi, they are uniquely your own. What they call yeast infections is an imbalance of those cohabiting creatures likely to be caused by industrial pharmaceuticals.

Washing off in the river with mud is what is hygienic, and not too often :smile:

The only drawback to a "white" beard is all the yellow stain from smoke! :smile:

Tin Pot

Guru
Scraping your skin with a blade (manual or electric) makes tiny little wounds on your skin that are most likely getting tiny little infections. Plus, the foam, the after shave, kill all the good bacteria and fungus protecting your live skin beneath the dead cells. You were born with this balance of bacteria and fungi, they are uniquely your own. What they call yeast infections is an imbalance of those cohabiting creatures likely to be caused by industrial pharmaceuticals.

Washing off in the river with mud is what is hygienic, and not too often :smile:

The only drawback to a "white" beard is all the yellow stain from smoke! :smile:

...so shaving bad, smoking ok. :laugh::okay:

Colin_P

Guru

I refer you to post #22.....

Roger Moore always looked good, smooth and probably always smelt nice except as previously mentioned in North Sea Hijack. I never saw him wash in a river either but saw him do plenty of speedboat chases.

See pic below.... shortly afterwards he proceded to use the shaving foam as a flame thrower to kill a snake.
upload_2018-3-24_16-25-54.png

pjd57

Veteran

I said it was "unhygienic looking "
Beards with crumbs and snot in them seem fairly normal.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I said it was "unhygienic looking "
Beards with crumbs and snot in them seem fairly normal.

:laugh: My youngest had never met a man without a beard until she went to forest school. Her practitioner was clean shaven. Who works at a forest school without a beard? Anyway, when she worked out he was actually a man, she couldn’t take her grubby mits off his face. Gawd only knows what germs she smeared into his micro-wounds.

Top Bottom