ATC5K frame rate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The ATC5K is advertised as filming at 30fps......but when I'm trying to load it into the edit suite it's being rejected as the frame rate is apparently 26.85 fps which in the real world isn't anything!! I'm having to convert it in Apple Compressor and it's taking ages each time. It's really pi**ing me off.

Eat MY Dust said:
The ATC5K is advertised as filming at 30fps......but when I'm trying to load it into the edit suite it's being rejected as the frame rate is apparently 26.85 fps which in the real world isn't anything!! I'm having to convert it in Apple Compressor and it's taking ages each time. It's really pi**ing me off.

EMD, I found with the ATC2K that the real frame rate was 25fps. Looking at footage frame by frame I found it just copied some frames to make it appear to be 30fps. Of course this might be different for the ATC5K.

HLaB said:
When I upload my ATC 5K footage to Win Movie Maker it says its 26fps, WMM publishes at 25fps. If the camera actually films at 30fps does that mean the edited video makes me look slow :wacko:

lol, you wish!! It won't make any difference to the "speed". For me it's just annoying because I'm using top end professional equipment and it won't accept the 26.85 fps rate, thus the annoying process of re-encoding the material to edit with.:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
p.s. EMD, you might consider raising the camera very slightly, for my personal preferences your last two videos framed too much road.

Oh, try using virtual dub - then you can do direct stream copy for cutting the clips you want, maintaining quality without any lossy recompression.

BentMikey said:
p.s. EMD, you might consider raising the camera very slightly, for my personal preferences your last two videos framed too much road.

Oh, try using virtual dub - then you can do direct stream copy for cutting the clips you want, maintaining quality without any lossy recompression.

lol, you want to see this mornings footage! The camera has slipped over the last couple of days, so this mornings footage is almost all road!! I'll fix it for tomorrow!

If its any consolation the NTSC system isn't 60 fields a second (30 frams/sec), it's actually 59.97 and they technically have two standards although I'm presuming only one was ever used in mainstream broadcasting, one called drop frame and another one, I can't remember the name. It was 60 fields per second in the days of black and white (a handy number where you can use the mains frequency as a cheap form of timing in domestic kit but when a colour sub carrier was added to the black and white signal there were porblems. I've never worked with NTSC systems so I can't give any real detail but there's my useless fact of the day (and a bit of a clanger to frop by the bods who created the colour standard)

Eat MY Dust said:
non drop frame.

Kind of obvious when you think about it :biggrin:

Top Bottom