The Worst Frame Warranty Ever ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never needed a warranty on a frame, so does make you wonder. - 3 of my frames are circa 30 years old, and my more Modern MTB is 6 years old. :whistle:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
https://www.moda-bikes.com/pages/warranty

"Damage resulting from normal wear and tear, including the results of fatigue, is not covered. This warranty is made void in its entirety by any modification of the frame, fork, or components."
But look on the bright side, if you keep it in the garage, never ride it, and it spontaneously combusts then you are 100% covered.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The crash / damage warranty on my Carbon rims / wheels are "if you break them, I'll rebuild them"

si_c

Guru
I think this is a common misconception about warranties, they are there to ensure that the product is designed and manufactured competently and to a good standard. If damage is down to wear and tear then it's not unreasonable that a frame wouldn't be replaced.

You don't get to replace tyres under warranty if they wear out, that would be ridiculous. If the rubber came away from the casing that would be design/manufacture though so a warranty replacement would be reasonable.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think this is a common misconception about warranties, they are there to ensure that the product is designed and manufactured competently and to a good standard. If damage is down to wear and tear then it's not unreasonable that a frame wouldn't be replaced.

You don't get to replace tyres under warranty if they wear out, that would be ridiculous. If the rubber came away from the casing that would be design/manufacture though so a warranty replacement would be reasonable.

You missed the point where the warranty is made void, for instance, if you replace an inner tube.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Doesn't sound unreasonable. At least you're under no illusions. Looks like all are CF frame and fork. Higher end ones are likely to be used for racing.
If you want a better warranty shop elsewhere. Wonder what Hambini makes of them?

Top Bottom