Attacked by a Goose!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigtrike

The answer is in the original line of the post "couple of geese and their little goslings " don't get anywhere near the little ones, mum/dad are even more protective of the little ones than a spotty baseball capd teenager is towards there new car!

Norm

Helly79 said:
Geese are brilliant security guards!
+1 Better than most dogs as there are fewer regulations about their control.
;)

Still, I guess being attacked by a goose is better than being goosed by an attacker.

buggi

Bird Saviour
brilliant. while driving into work one day (where we have geese nesting every year) the two geese and their goslings were crossing the entrance. when the security guy came out of his hut to open the barrier, the male goose chased him back in and wouldn't let him out until mummy goose and goslings were out of reach. it was so funny i was nearly wetting myself in my car.

OP
OP
T

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I've had a similar threatening one a while ago, not far from where you were (isn't Galton Bridge a masterpiece?). It's worse when they've got the kids with them.

Did I ever tell you about the time I ran over a duck?

I ran over a duck in my car a couple of years ago - on Digbeth HIgh Street - god knows what it was doing there - it was the middle of the night too!

My husband says that the goose attack was a revenge attack!!!

Galton bridge is amazing but I don't usually go that far that I see it - it's been years since I've gone past Rolf Street Station.

As far keeping away from the goslings - there is only so much room on the towpath!!!

I am just ever thankful that it didn't knock me into the rat infested water!!!

Top Bottom