attacked in brixton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Today, as on many other days, I did my thing of going down a street I don't know, and, as on many other days, I wandered around between Stockwell Road and Streatham Hill, crossing Acre Lane. I've never felt threatened in this area, but that may be because it't close to home.

Radius

SHREDDER
^^ agree, I take similar detours when returning from Tooting, once ended up at the end of your road, realising how nearby it is!

Twanger

Über Member
dellzeqq said:
Today, as on many other days, I did my thing of going down a street I don't know, and, as on many other days, I wandered around between Stockwell Road and Streatham Hill, crossing Acre Lane. I've never felt threatened in this area, but that may be because it't close to home.

I used to feel threatened in that area 25 years ago, but it has improved so much recently that it kind of feels OK now.

I was once offered a ...erm...sexual favour, at the top of Brixton Hill, opposite Upper Tulse Hill, which I obviously declined!

I had walked, over the previous 3 weeks, (from Hooley at the boundary of TFL/Croydon, and was on the way to Black Prince Lane.) with a measuring wheel!

There had been a murder at/near Prima Road, which concerned me, but, apart from that I felt ok.

With my likely trip to HPC for a FNRttC soon (hopefully!), I'm wondering whether it's safe to cycle up from the coast - I've not been up to town in the evening for a good 10 years or so!

PBancroft

goo_mason said:
Would it be illegal to make yourself up a water pistol filled with the juice from a few dozen crushed chillis to squirt them in the face with ? ;)

I did a self defence course years back (don't snigger).

The chap running it advocated putting hot chilli powder into a pop-lid film cannister. Never did it myself, and fairly certain it would count as being an offensive weapon if ever used.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
stoatsngroats said:
I was once offered a ...erm...sexual favour, at the top of Brixton Hill, opposite Upper Tulse Hill, which I obviously declined!

I had walked, over the previous 3 weeks, (from Hooley at the boundary of TFL/Croydon, and was on the way to Black Prince Lane.) with a measuring wheel!

There had been a murder at/near Prima Road, which concerned me, but, apart from that I felt ok.

With my likely trip to HPC for a FNRttC soon (hopefully!), I'm wondering whether it's safe to cycle up from the coast - I've not been up to town in the evening for a good 10 years or so!

Have you considered taking the bike on the train up to Victoria, as it would only be a few mins spin to HPC from there? Avoiding any possible conflict and arriving fresh as a daisy :?:

Sittingduck said:
Have you considered taking the bike on the train up to Victoria, as it would only be a few mins spin to HPC from there? Avoiding any possible conflict and arriving fresh as a daisy :?:

You're right - of course, but then thats only half the challenge!:laugh:

Top Bottom