attacked in brixton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Sittingduck said:
*Note to self: NEVER upset Goo Mason*

Go ahead, punk - make my day... :smile:

4544_110203975732_695600732_3235664_6253583_n.jpg

4544_110225775732_695600732_3236154_4382891_n.jpg

goo_mason said:
Would it be illegal to make yourself up a water pistol filled with the juice from a few dozen crushed chillis to squirt them in the face with ? :smile:

Having had my mitts on a Glock, a Sig Sauer, a 45 Magnum and an M4 assault rifle with laser sighting during my hol in Houston (and shot a hundred or so rounds with the Sig), I'm quite into the idea of some bar-mounted lethal ordinance when cycling in these kinds of areas !! :wacko:

Extra water bottle with it in...maybe? Just don't get confused.

It's a good energy drink.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
The problem I usually have with violent situations is reality.

It would be really nice to think I could squirt ammonia/carry a piece and wave it menacingly/high kick a nasty person to avoid injury, but alas here are my anticipated reactions with consequences:

i. by the time you get your act together (i.e. detached spray can, reached down for heavy lock, etc) you've been hit by that yoof already.

ii. the best way to win a fight is to hit someone first, hard enough to put them down. Of course, this is assuming you know fully their intent and are willing to do this -I have real problems with that!

iii. rarely is it one on one (and when it is one on one, you're bound to be attacked by someone who is 19 stone and 6 and a half feet tall with a reach like a JCB). I fear a pack mentality most of all -limits can soon go out of the window.

iv. by the time you've done all the analysis, you're on the floor anyway.

In my younger days, I do recall getting duffed up quite badly in Coventry city centre. I remember very clearly being in a night club and seeing out of the corner of my eye someone swinging at me, and the strange thing is that I really went into a weird sort of Matrix-y like slow motion thought -not response mind you, but thought. I swear these were my thoughts as his fist came closer and closer:

"Hang on, he's going to hit me!"
"He's really going to hit me!"
"I can't believe it -his fist is getting a lot closer"
"Why would he do that...?"
"He is going to h.... OOOOOFFFFFFF"

I realized quite quickly after that to be really 'ard, you had to practise and have automatic reflexes. I do think some people have that -I certainly don't.

I personally prefer avoidance over my macho fighting abilities. I think you can see why. If you can do a different route, I'd do it.

Jim_Noir

Nigeyy said:
ii. the best way to win a fight is to hit someone first, hard enough to put them down. Of course, this is assuming you know fully their intent and are willing to do this -I have real problems with that!

You could look at jail time for this. One of my training buddies is looking at a serious assault charge for breaking a guys arm. He was walking along, three guys jumped him, one grabbed him in a head look and tried to stab him behind the ear with a screwdriver. So he throws the guy and putting him in an arm lock. One of the other attackers went to penalty kick my mate, he told them he was jiu jitsu black belt and if he didn't stop his friend on the floor was going to have a nice wee visit to A&E. The other two attackers didn't listen so he snapped the guys arm. Now getting done for it!

And other mate was just back from Thailand training, got jumped with 6 guys, he managed to fight them off until there was only one of them willing to go toe to toe with him... stupidly my mate really went to town on this guy, made a right mess of him. Got done for GBH.. no it was fair enough in the fact he really did go over the score with the guy, but you get attacked and you get charged with defending yourself!

Nigeyy said:
iii. rarely is it one on one (and when it is one on one, you're bound to be attacked by someone who is 19 stone and 6 and a half feet tall with a reach like a JCB). I fear a pack mentality most of all -limits can soon go out of the window.

This is my fav kind of guy to have a scrap with. I stand 5' 7" weigh between 58 and 60 kg, give me a slow mover anyday, be all over them like a cheap suit :smile:

Twanger

Über Member
You can not get "done" for self defence using reasonable force. If you gain an upper hand in a fight and then use your advantage to inflict further damage, then it is no longer self defence. That's the material point.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The thing that always surprises me with these 'and now he's getting done' stories is why the one getting done is in a position to get done. A friend of mine, menaced by a large low life, laid the guy out with his U bolt, but he didn't get done. He left the scene, sharpish.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
It's all a moot point for me -unless it's in my Steven Seagal driven meglamaniac fantasies.....

I will say this though, even in my dreams if I did manage to severely duff up someone else who was trying to mug me or otherwise take my property, I'd hop it sharpish. If I broke their arm/leg/neck, just tough luck to them. And I think it would be the same in real life too to be honest.

Again, in my fantasies though.

Twanger said:
You can not get "done" for self defence using reasonable force. If you gain an upper hand in a fight and then use your advantage to inflict further damage, then it is no longer self defence. That's the material point.

Twanger

Über Member
Say you hit someone trying to nick your bike (when you are on it) and he turns to run. No probs. You have done nothing wrong. If you then belt him over the back of the head with your D lock, you have gone beyond self defence. However much you may feel he deserves it, you have committed an offence and you will (and should!) be "done".

And when it comes to fantasies, that sort tarnishes the soul....

skwerl

Jim_Noir said:
You could look at jail time for this. One of my training buddies is looking at a serious assault charge for breaking a guys arm. He was walking along, three guys jumped him, one grabbed him in a head look and tried to stab him behind the ear with a screwdriver. So he throws the guy and putting him in an arm lock. One of the other attackers went to penalty kick my mate, he told them he was jiu jitsu black belt and if he didn't stop his friend on the floor was going to have a nice wee visit to A&E. The other two attackers didn't listen so he snapped the guys arm. Now getting done for it!

And other mate was just back from Thailand training, got jumped with 6 guys, he managed to fight them off until there was only one of them willing to go toe to toe with him... stupidly my mate really went to town on this guy, made a right mess of him. Got done for GBH.. no it was fair enough in the fact he really did go over the score with the guy, but you get attacked and you get charged with defending yourself!

This is my fav kind of guy to have a scrap with. I stand 5' 7" weigh between 58 and 60 kg, give me a slow mover anyday, be all over them like a cheap suit :biggrin:

please just tell us where you live so we can never go there.
"3 guys...screwdriver behind the ear", "6 guys...".
Doesn't sound too pleasant or do your mates walk just around in T-shirts that say, "Black belt. Have a go if you think you're hard enough"?

Jim_Noir

Glasgow, and no it's not that bad... just some places!

The old screwdriver is a common weapon carried up here as they think they can't be done for it.

The guy who got jumped with the 6 guys was coming home from a boozer, was a old firm day... and anyone will tell you Glasgow becomes like down town Kabul for that day. The problem is you'll get "Selick or the gers mate?" then when you say you don't support either nor do you like football, they will kick your head in for being gay! So best to avoid anywhere with boozers for the day and let the simpiltons eradicate each other.

That said, Glasgow is a wonderful city to live in, just that it seems to house more nut jobs than any other UK city.

Then the fact they don't seem to speak Englishand they talk through their nose, so when they say something to you and you have ask them to repeat what they say they always come back and say "What did you call my mother?" thus resulting in you having to tell them what their Mother is :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
any court will clear you of violence in a self defense unless you go too far, clearly too far, any fool should know the difference, it's obvious at what point youre crossing the line

Jim_Noir

:biggrin:

I should get a job with the Glasgow tourist board.

The sad fact is most UK towns and citys are like this... anyone been to Middlesbourgh?

And FFS London, the amount of knife crimes and shootings down there makes Glasgow look tame.

mookie

Jim_Noir said:
Glasgow, and no it's not that bad... just some places!

That said, Glasgow is a wonderful city to live in, just that it seems to house more nut jobs than any other UK city.

Then the fact they don't seem to speak Englishand they talk through their nose, so when they say something to you and you have ask them to repeat what they say they always come back and say "What did you call my mother?" thus resulting in you having to tell them what their Mother is :ohmy:

You forgot the baseball caps at a 45deg angle Jim.....:biggrin:

Top Bottom