attacked in brixton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
Jim_Noir said:
:biggrin:
anyone been to Middlesbourgh?

Yes, I got arrested and charged and convicted

Most complained about police and stewards by away supporters in the entire league

thankfully they're arresting charging and convicting lower league supporters for sfa this year

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Jim_Noir said:
:biggrin:

I should get a job with the Glasgow tourist board.

The sad fact is most UK towns and citys are like this... anyone been to Middlesbourgh?

And FFS London, the amount of knife crimes and shootings down there makes Glasgow look tame.

No - Went to manchester once though. NEVER again :biggrin:

London has culture :ohmy: and the kids here just off one another - rarely shoot at civilians!

Jim_Noir

Tynan said:
any court will clear you of violence in a self defense unless you go too far, clearly too far, any fool should know the difference, it's obvious at what point youre crossing the line

But that is it, when is it too far? If someone attacks you, they hit first and you hit back... this makes them worse? Therefore a full blown fight is going to happen, your aim is to defend yourself from someone who obviously has no rational thoughts and you have no clue what this raging psycho is going to do to you. What if you hit the person so hard the deck it, smack their head on the kerb and as a result they have (more) brain damage or a fatality? Your best course of action is to avoid the situation in the first place, even if that means looking like a coward and running away.

If anything like this happens when I am on my own, I am out of there. However if it's me n the wife, then her safty is my main concern and I need to do what I can to insure that nothing happens to her, this of course is only if she had my tea ready.. if not then she's on her own :biggrin:

colinr

But that is it, when is it too far? If someone attacks you, they hit first and you hit back... this makes them worse?

As soon as you win a fight, the law is against you. Running is a fine solution, sometimes it's not an option though, in which case I refer you to some advice from my Sifu "it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 4".

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

what if you do give them a fat lip, then next week when your cycling home they see you again. Having "lost face" as this seems to be their reasons for murder now, they now have a knife and stab you back. It's tricky to know what your going to do, unless your in that situation. Like it was posted earlier, if you can avoid the situation in the first place, then great. more police would work!

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

kings avenue way

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
mrsimes said:
Hi there,
Stoppashop were previously out of stock of self defence spray, but it's now back in stock again - can be conveniently carried on a belt in a holster:
StoppaRed MK3

The SureGuard cordless attack alarm is also popular with joggers and cyclists:
SureGuard Cordless Attack Alarm

I was given an attack alarm to hang off my handlebars at the company bike day and, apart from its tendency to go off after particularly deep potholes, it's unobtrusive but comforting.

I would add that I've been told by friends in the force before that carrying any kind of self-defence spray could be used to argue intent to harm if it was used whereas carrying bog-standard hairspray has the same effect and you could be carrying it for legitimate styling purposes.

Jim_Noir

Hair spray and a lighter :blush:
The stoppred spary is diffrent from hairspray as it paints the attackers face... sure a burst of hairspray might blind them for a few secs, but they are unmarked... try explain to a copper why you are waling around with a red paint on your face! That said we do live a a nanny state and I could see some wee ned sue you for using it!

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
London has culture :blush: and the kids here just off one another - rarely shoot at civilians!

The kids near me (west London) often offer to help me put my bike on the train when I take him to Paddington and I frequently get 'Nice bike' murmured by shy-looking lads hiding in hoodies. I think it's the novelty factor of being a lady in lycra though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Let us be the judge of that... we need pictures ;)

Wheeledweenie said:
The kids near me (west London) often offer to help me put my bike on the train when I take him to Paddington and I frequently get 'Nice bike' murmured by shy-looking lads hiding in hoodies. I think it's the novelty factor of being a lady in lycra though.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Jake said:
what if you do give them a fat lip, then next week when your cycling home they see you again. Having "lost face" as this seems to be their reasons for murder now, they now have a knife and stab you back. It's tricky to know what your going to do, unless your in that situation. Like it was posted earlier, if you can avoid the situation in the first place, then great. more police would work!

Sadly I disagree.

The only way to teach people the difference between right and wrong is to have an efficient deterrant. What use is having a law which states the penalty for domestic burglary is 14 years in prison, then giving a prolific burglar community service?

Use this 'recession' to build more prisons, (without pool tables and television), and lock people up for the FULL term. Life means life. Carry a knife, then 10 years, carry a gun then life, drug deal then 10 years. Eventually (it will take a while for the thick sods to realise) people will stop taking the piss out of decent honest folk, and society can be reclaimed.

Top Bottom