1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention to detail...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Arch, 21 May 2008.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Was out on the trike his morning, quick run to Tadcaser and back. Stopped in Taddie for a cuppa and a plate of cinnamon toast. As I was tucking in, I noticed a party of cyclists, middle aged chaps, come into the tea room. One of them spotted me looking at my map and came over and said "We were looking at your trike outside, and I said, I bet that belongs to a woman..." I was a bit taken aback, and on the verge of bristling a bit, at what I expected to come, some slightly derogatory remark about recuments, or women, or both. But he carried on "because I noticed, it had short cranks. 155?" "Er, oh, yes, indeed, short legs you know!" says I, grinning. "Ah, nice one" he said, and went back to his mates.

Now, that's attention to detail, spotting short cranks! Chapeau, sir. And if any of that bunch were from here, I hope you enjoyed your tea and cake!:biggrin:

2. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

I know a crank when I see one;)!?

3. TVC

TVC Living La Mala Vida

That has to be one of the most unique/worst chat up lines I've ever heard.

4. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

There's also a joke about the woman from 'The Crankies' in there somewhere.......

5. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

That is real attention to detail. And a fairly bad line, although I've heard worse in my time...

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Short and cranky eh? How fitting!! :eek:

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Arch has pulled!!

8. purpleR

purpleR Senior Member

That's not a woman, his name's Jimmy. How dare you! :ohmy:

:eek:

9. postman

postman Legendary Member

Ha ha was it tykes tearoom next to Cyclesense? We were there on monday and David had the cinnamon toast.Very nice it was too.Now have too much to do today ironing and cleaning so must go .All have a good day.

10. OP
    OP
    Arch

It was Tykes yes, very nice, I've been there before. Only thing they could do to improve it, is bung some sheffield racks round the back on that concrete patio bit...:biggrin:

Very generous teapot too, plus hot water... More tea than I could drink!

11. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

That's something I've never had. What is it exactly and how do you make it?

12. OP
    OP
    Arch

It's toast, with cinnamon on it...

I've never made it myself, but at a guess I'd say, grill one side of a slice of bread to toast it, then spread the other with butter and a lavish dusting of mixed cinnamon and brown sugar. Then toast that side under the grill.

Proportions of cinnamon and sugar can be adjusted to taste...

13. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I'm starting to quiver. :biggrin:

14. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

You always used to get like that when Arch posted... what happened Patrick, too scared to venture into the 'Tea?' thread to fight for her? :biggrin:;)

15. OP
    OP
    Arch

The very best has just the right proportion of cinnamon and sugar, and just the right consistancy - like any toast it's best with a moist buttery feel, and a touch of crunch, which is added to by the sugar...

Bettys in York do it beautifully, but daintily - you always want more. Tykes in Tadcaster were good, but I remember I once had some at a farm shop cafe just outside York, the 2 slices were so thick and lavish, I almost couldn't finish them!:smile: