Attention to detail...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Was out on the trike his morning, quick run to Tadcaser and back. Stopped in Taddie for a cuppa and a plate of cinnamon toast. As I was tucking in, I noticed a party of cyclists, middle aged chaps, come into the tea room. One of them spotted me looking at my map and came over and said "We were looking at your trike outside, and I said, I bet that belongs to a woman..." I was a bit taken aback, and on the verge of bristling a bit, at what I expected to come, some slightly derogatory remark about recuments, or women, or both. But he carried on "because I noticed, it had short cranks. 155?" "Er, oh, yes, indeed, short legs you know!" says I, grinning. "Ah, nice one" he said, and went back to his mates.

Now, that's attention to detail, spotting short cranks! Chapeau, sir. And if any of that bunch were from here, I hope you enjoyed your tea and cake!:biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I know a crank when I see one;)!?

TVC

Arch said:
"We were looking at your trike outside, and I said, I bet that belongs to a woman...because I noticed, it had short cranks. 155?"

That has to be one of the most unique/worst chat up lines I've ever heard.

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
Was out on the trike his morning, quick run to Tadcaser and back. Stopped in Taddie for a cuppa and a plate of cinnamon toast. As I was tucking in, I noticed a party of cyclists, middle aged chaps, come into the tea room. One of them spotted me looking at my map and came over and said "We were looking at your trike outside, and I said, I bet that belongs to a woman..." I was a bit taken aback, and on the verge of bristling a bit, at what I expected to come, some slightly derogatory remark about recuments, or women, or both. But he carried on "because I noticed, it had short cranks. 155?" "Er, oh, yes, indeed, short legs you know!" says I, grinning. "Ah, nice one" he said, and went back to his mates.

Now, that's attention to detail, spotting short cranks! Chapeau, sir. And if any of that bunch were from here, I hope you enjoyed your tea and cake!:ohmy:

Short and cranky eh? How fitting!! :eek:

postman

Legendary Member
Ha ha was it tykes tearoom next to Cyclesense? We were there on monday and David had the cinnamon toast.Very nice it was too.Now have too much to do today ironing and cleaning so must go .All have a good day.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
It was Tykes yes, very nice, I've been there before. Only thing they could do to improve it, is bung some sheffield racks round the back on that concrete patio bit...:biggrin:

Very generous teapot too, plus hot water... More tea than I could drink!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
[/B]

That's something I've never had. What is it exactly and how do you make it?

It's toast, with cinnamon on it...

I've never made it myself, but at a guess I'd say, grill one side of a slice of bread to toast it, then spread the other with butter and a lavish dusting of mixed cinnamon and brown sugar. Then toast that side under the grill.

Proportions of cinnamon and sugar can be adjusted to taste...

Arch said:
It's toast, with cinnamon on it...

I've never made it myself, but at a guess I'd say, grill one side of a slice of bread to toast it, then spread the other with butter and a lavish dusting of mixed cinnamon and brown sugar. Then toast that side under the grill.

Proportions of cinnamon and sugar can be adjusted to taste...

I'm starting to quiver. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
I'm starting to quiver. :biggrin:

The very best has just the right proportion of cinnamon and sugar, and just the right consistancy - like any toast it's best with a moist buttery feel, and a touch of crunch, which is added to by the sugar...

Bettys in York do it beautifully, but daintily - you always want more. Tykes in Tadcaster were good, but I remember I once had some at a farm shop cafe just outside York, the 2 slices were so thick and lavish, I almost couldn't finish them!:smile:

Top Bottom