Audax on a trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilley

Über Member
I did 3 audax's on my Trice TNT within the first 2 years of riding it. Now i have an ICE Sprint 26 and I saw details of an audax travelling on familiar roads I felt compelled to sign up. The audax is the turn back time audax organised by the Severn bridge radonneurs. I have convinced another trike rider to join me so if anyone else should want to join in that would be good.

grldtnr

I did 3 audax's on my Trice TNT within the first 2 years of riding it. Now i have an ICE Sprint 26 and I saw details of an audax travelling on familiar roads I felt compelled to sign up. The audax is the turn back time audax organised by the Severn bridge radonneurs. I have convinced another trike rider to join me so if anyone else should want to join in that would be good.
I have only ever done one Audax on my old Pete Ross Trice, that was a end of summertime ride as well, from Stevenage,one I DON'T ever want to repeat, as I crashed big time on it, turning into a checkpoint, there was a heavy negative camber on the road, and I lost control big time, the trike went into a death roll, lifted one wheel ,then the other, I hit a substantial curb and fell off/ out, picked myself righted the trike ,squinted at it ,and saw that the rear wheel was out of kilter.
I thought at the time, the rear triangle had twisted round ,Trice frames, were built in 3 parts at the time,so went to straighten it, then noticed the front cruciform was bent, I had hit the curb that hard the whole frame was done in!
But still managed to ride to the finish and get the brevet signed off, even though the bike didn't like some corners,and wouldn't steer straight.
Pete Ross , eventually replaced the main cruciform free of charge, after a long wait, when I returned it to him, as compensation for the time he took to sort it out, the old Trice had a terrible reputation for build quality,with welds failing, but they had exceptional handling characteristics, BUT not that end of Summertime ride!

fatjel

Veteran
I bought my trike to do Audaxes on but couldn’t manage enough speed up hills. Consequently I have the utmost admiration for those that do

Top Bottom