Audax on TV this Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
The 2012 Snow Roads Audax will be the main feature on BBC2 Scotland's The Adventure Show, on Sunday (18th November) at 1900 on BBC-2 Scotland. Plus SkyDigital 990; FreeSat & Virgin for those of us South of the border (and hopefully on iPlayer too)

:smile:

hopefully it'll be iplayer, Ive only freeview

subaqua

What’s the point
Ah I thought it was 865, but that Appears to be BBC2 England (I assume that's to allow the Scots to watch our BBC2 but we can't watch theirs)

correct, it really annoys me when Welsh rugby is on BBC2 Wales as Virgin don't give us that ( we didn't even have S4C until a few weeks ago ).

you could try the red button and see. thats how i watched the depressing game last night

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
correct, it really annoys me when Welsh rugby is on BBC2 Wales as Virgin don't give us that ( we didn't even have S4C until a few weeks ago ).

you could try the red button and see. thats how i watched the depressing game last night
it depressed me and I'm English!

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Just watched it on the iPlayer here.

The guys mad. A 300k hilly audax as your first event! Good on him for finishing. Does look nice though...

Thanks for the link - well worth watching :thumbsup:

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Dougie did brilliantly - the furthest he had ridden in a day before was 120 miles so bumping that up to 180 miles, with all that climbing thrown in for good measure, was quite an achievement for him. He did it in 18.5 hours and despite having problems with his chain, his derrailleur and his guts, he coped magnificently.

Most interesting was the general camaraderie amongst these enthusiasts. Audax is often described to me as a cycling event for middle-aged men with beards and rickety old bikes with mudguards and lights, and while there may be an element of truth yet the Snow Roads event is exactly the kind of event I would want to take part in, an event where people looked out for each other and actually helped each other complete the course.

This excellent broadcast is available for another week. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p2w32/The_Adventure_Show_2012_2013_Snow_Road_Audax/

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
You don't need to launch straight into a 300km in the Cairngorms. There are lots of Audax rides all over the UK that start at 50km and go all the way up to 1400km (same distance as Land's End - John O' Groats).

If you are interested then have a look through the calendar for a ride near you to try it out :smile:
http://www.aukweb.net/events/

Oh, and most are flatter than that, but still a lot of fun.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
You don't need to launch straight into a 300km in the Cairngorms. There are lots of Audax rides all over the UK that start at 50km and go all the way up to 1400km (same distance as Land's End - John O' Groats).

If you are interested then have a look through the calendar for a ride near you to try it out :smile:
http://www.aukweb.net/events/

Oh, and most are flatter than that, but still a lot of fun.
+1. Done a couple of 200s. Both were a bit of an (mis)adventure, but fun indeed.

Terry Kay

Just finshed watching.. After completing my first 100k last week, I can certainly sympathise! Though definitely laughed along at the comments about it being a group of single riders.. I mixed in with a few riders up until the first control, but lost them after a loo break!

Certainly inspiring.. And something I'd love to do! After getting a bike with a triple ring, of course....

Top Bottom