Audax on TV this Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Just caught up with this on iplayer, really enjoyed it :smile:
You'd have enjoyed it more if I'd been on it

Chris-H

Über Member
Just watched it on the iPlayer here.

The guys mad. A 300k hilly audax as your first event! Good on him for finishing. Does look nice though...
Really enjoyed watching that,such a shame we dont have that program down here though.I dont watch a lot of tv but would make an exception for anything cycling related.Many thanks for the link:thumbsup:

Diggs

Veteran
Is there/ should we have a specific thread for spotting cycling related progs on the box? I'm thinking of the above sort of thing you may miss rather than some-one pointing out when TdF is on.

Angus444

Dougie did brilliantly - the furthest he had ridden in a day before was 120 miles so bumping that up to 180 miles, with all that climbing thrown in for good measure, was quite an achievement for him. He did it in 18.5 hours and despite having problems with his chain, his derrailleur and his guts, he coped magnificently.

Most interesting was the general camaraderie amongst these enthusiasts. Audax is often described to me as a cycling event for middle-aged men with beards and rickety old bikes with mudguards and lights, and while there may be an element of truth yet the Snow Roads event is exactly the kind of event I would want to take part in, an event where people looked out for each other and actually helped each other complete the course.

This excellent broadcast is available for another week. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p2w32/The_Adventure_Show_2012_2013_Snow_Road_Audax/
Summed it up brilliantly, Philip........

Angus444

If it's the same date as last year, Noodley, I'll be on the Cairn O'Mount Challenge same day as the Snow Roads (which I believe is full now anyway)..... :smile:

Definitely fancy attempting one, but it's not the hills and distance which scares me, more the copious amounts of tasty tuck which seem to be consumed at regular intervals.........:laugh:

Top Bottom