Audi driver blasts court for costing him £4500 for passing cyclist too close.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If eyesight was an issue, he would have not seen the cyclist at all. it's just a case of lack of respect, laziness and superiority complex, like a lot of close passes.
I had one this afternoon. The driver could see well enough to make sure that he overtook me with at least 3 metres gap between his car and a car coming the other way towards him. Unfortunately, that left less than 1 metre to me... I am fairly sure that I could have bashed the side of his car with my clenched fist without even stretching my arm out. He was driving too fast for that though! :cursing:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Really a more appropriate headline would have been "Arrogant, self-entitled scumbag blames everyone else for the repercussions of him being an arrogant, self-entitled scumbag".

Of course the Daily Fail would frame it differently so as to normalise being an arrogant, self-entitled scumbag since this is their primary readership demographic :rolleyes:

icowden

Veteran
I'd like to hear ideas about why so many poor drivers are in Audis.
The ethos of the Badge?

I recently went around dealerships looking at cars. My experience at Audi was that they were arrogant, self important and immediately disinterested as soon as they found out they weren't going to potentially get a commission from me (buying through company car scheme).
There was a real sense of "we are better than everyone else" in the showroom, underlined with a "we don't care about plebs who aren't going to order a car from our dealership" feeling.

Their motto might as well be "loaded and entitled? Drive Audi"

It therefore comes as no surprise to me that they seem to attract people who like d*ck swinging and who may also be a little arrogant.

By contrast, VW were absolutely lovely, Skoda pretty good. Mercedes were hit and miss (Mercedes world was good, but another dealership went for the disinterested feel). Nissan also lovely. Other vendors are available...

The ethos of the Badge?

I recently went around dealerships looking at cars. My experience at Audi was that they were arrogant, self important and immediately disinterested as soon as they found out they weren't going to potentially get a commission from me (buying through company car scheme).
There was a real sense of "we are better than everyone else" in the showroom, underlined with a "we don't care about plebs who aren't going to order a car from our dealership" feeling.

Their motto might as well be "loaded and entitled? Drive Audi"

It therefore comes as no surprise to me that they seem to attract people who like d*ck swinging and who may also be a little arrogant.

By contrast, VW were absolutely lovely, Skoda pretty good. Mercedes were hit and miss (Mercedes world was good, but another dealership went for the disinterested feel). Nissan also lovely. Other vendors are available...

According to someone I know that is into their cars, quite a few companies have taken them off their lease hire list due to a variety of problems. I think part of the issue relates the electrics, but support got a mention.

Heilbronn, home of Audi, apparently has a rather strange cultural tweak; people often don't ask what your job is, but "Which department do you work for?" not working for Audi is considered second best. Maybe this is because it's a smaller city than Stuttgart or Munich, so Audi dominates culturally.

DRM

Guru
Probably (my guess) mainly because they are seen as a status symbol, so they are the company car many aspire to, particularly those with fairly shallow values. Which shallow values then translate into their driving.

Which really makes an Audi the Ford Cortina for the 21st century!

Top Bottom