Auntie Helen's Cycle Tour of Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Davywalnuts said:
Vaseline for your lips! Surely all women carry vaseline dont they?? hehe
Clearly not Essex Women.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
djtheglove said:
What about German women?:ohmy:

Oh and good luck, sounds like a fun way to spend a holiday!!

Do you actualy need a holiday?:sad:
Everyone needs a holiday! But you're right, I've not exactly been working myself to death, but it's a mixture of holiday and Study Tour To Improve My Spoken German, of course :smile:

No idea if German women wear vaseline... perhaps I can make it my mission to find out. Or I could go with the original mission to eat lots of cake, which has more overall appeal.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Auntie Helen said:
Everyone needs a holiday! But you're right, I've not exactly been working myself to death, but it's a mixture of holiday and Study Tour To Improve My Spoken German, of course :ohmy:

No idea if German women wear vaseline... perhaps I can make it my mission to find out. Or I could go with the original mission to eat lots of cake, which has more overall appeal.

Mmmmm! DJ wears a slightly bemused look at the thought of AH making it her mission to find out if German women wear vaseline?!:sad::biggrin:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
djtheglove said:
Mmmmm! DJ wears a slightly bemused look at the thought of AH making it her mission to find out if German women wear vaseline?!:biggrin::biggrin:
You edited out your fantasy, DJ! Although I have to say, women & vaseline doesn't particularly work for me.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I could always hide the English flag. But I thought they might be more inclined to speak to me if I'm apparently a tourist than a random German person. I shall have to do some kind of study to see what gets the best response.

tapan

Have a good trip. I have cycled much of thst route in 2006. This time next week I shall be in bed en route from Hull to Rotterdam Europort. So on Thursday 28th early in the moring I am head for the Hoek van Holland and thence round tht top on my way ro Berlin and back.

But I tow a trailer and I camp and I am a solo cyclist! I am getting itchy feet at this time and look forward to being on the road again. Not a speed freak -- just an old guy pottering along with time no object. I hope to cover about 2500 kms in about 5 weeks! The main aim to to talk to people and enjoy being on the road again.

I just hope that 2009 is a bit drier than 2008!!

Anyway Helen, have a good trip and just enjoy!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Have you got any sun cream? Don't know about Germany but the weather in Holland has been very sunny for the past few weeks and is set to stay that way.

nilling

Über Member
Hello tapan,

Just a quick note to say how much I have enjoyed reading about your cycling tours on your web page!

Hello Auntie Helen,

Have a great trip!

;)

redjedi

Über Member
Hi

It looks as if you've got everything. My only suggestions would be a plug, the sink type not electrical, it may not be needed but I have stayed in places where they don't put plugs in the sinks, which make washing in them a bit more tricky.

Like this

And to expand on Arch's suggestion of clothes pegs, may I suggest a travel washing line

Like this one

You can probably get it cheaper in a pound shop. And will be very usefull for drying your clothes overnight in your room.

Have a nice trip, but why is Uncle James not going with you?

ChrisKH

Guru
Have a great trip Helen.

Don't forget painkillers and anti-inflammatories as a precaution. I know Germany sells them too, but it's nice to have some in reserve.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hi All,

Uncle James isn't going with me as he's going on a three week sailing trip to Jersey/Alderney on our old boat (with the chap we sold it to).

No sun cream as I don't tend to need it. I will pack some paracetamol but sadly am allergic to anti-inflammatories so have to grin and bear it if I think I need some.

Just came back from getting my legs/armpits waxed in preparation for three weeks on the road. Not that the Germans would bat an eyelid if I were hairy, but I couldn't bear the thought...

Top Bottom