Auntie Helen's Cycle Tour of Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I have no laptop, I shall rely in Internet Cafés. Watch this space... and Cyclogs too!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Yep, have my EHIC thanks.

Oops about the flag, I'm normally very precise about these things! I put it down to receiving both a UKIP and BNP flyer in the post yesterday morning.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well Uncle James has now finished with his panniers so I loaded my stuff... and could fit everything in fairly easily, no need for the Trice Sidepods.

I have decided instead to fix a small rucksack to the top of my pannier rack, along with James's panniers, for the vital documentation and to give me a bag to walk around with. The trike feels quite heavy with all the stuff but goes well - particularly down hills!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Don't forget to allow space for all those cakes and other essential items you will buy along the way for supplies.

And don't forget water bottles too.

peanut

have a great time Helen. Only done that trip in a car and that was very memorable.
Has anyone mentioned taking a penknife? always useful.
The only other thing would be a name and address label with contact number for next of kin and maybe blood group etc on the bike somewhere .sorry to be morbid but its essential

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Have a name and address label with next of kin details packed in my bags. Don't actually know my blood group so can't include that, but have included medications to which I am allergic.

Penknife is actually a good idea to get all those flints out of the tyres. I must go out and buy one... if I'm allowed to these days!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This is in no way a criticism, I am just curious. Why are you taking an English phone and a German phone. Has your English one got Roaming on it? Or is it cheaper to make calls within Germany on a German phone?

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Speicher said:
This is in no way a criticism, I am just curious. Why are you taking an English phone and a German phone. Has your English one got Roaming on it? Or is it cheaper to make calls within Germany on a German phone?

Yeah, because I have a couple of friends in Germany who I'll ring when I'm there, plus I may ring the B&Bs to check they have room before I go searching for them in the towns/villages. It's just a PAYG SIM that I've had for a few years and it's got some credit on it so it seems useful. I don't want to rack up whopper roaming charges from my UK phone.

I also have a German bank account with Deutsche Bank. This is all to ease my husband into the idea of going to live there long term... which he won't go for, I know, but one can but make it easier in incremental stages!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
TheDoctor said:
Swiss army knife - solution to all concievable problems, and will get you into any food or drink container on the face of the planet.
And I just found one in the clock (my husband suggested looking in the cupboard at the bottom of the clock... and he was right! Magic! It also has a nail file too, which might come in handy.)

Top Bottom