Auntie Helen's Cycle Tour of Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike1026

Bleib Trocken
Bleib Sicher
Bleib Glücklich
Gute Reise
Chuss!

peanut

Auntie Helen said:
Have a name and address label with next of kin details packed in my bags. have included medications to which I am allergic.

could I suggest that you print those details on a small adhesive backed label and stick one visible on the bike so that anyone finding you have that info immediately to hand. At least a next-of-kin fone number .:smile: No one is likey to rummage through your bags at the scene of an accident (god forbid)

grhm

Veteran
redjedi said:
My only suggestions would be a plug, the sink type not electrical, it may not be needed but I have stayed in places where they don't put plugs in the sinks, which make washing in them a bit more tricky.

Like this

One of our scouts has hiked aboard and he too found some cheap places don't have plugs. He found a old squash ball (possibly cut in half) worked wonders in many different sized plug holes. Just a thought.

Make sure you take a tupperware type container to hold biscuits/cake etc purchased on route. Can't be going all that way for stale cake ;).

peanut

Auntie Helen said:
Good point - I might cable-tie it to the trike somewhere, or maybe even put it on my seat so if I have an accident and fall off, it becomes visible.
it'll probably come unstuck and stick to your bum in which case they'll have to upend you to read your particulars ;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
...and I'm ready to go, all packed and trike fettled and cleaned (well, a quick wipe-down with a wet cloth anyway). I'm very happy I've fitted everything in two panniers and a mini rucksack.

3559631238_5c6417ea57.jpg

3558820205_1d1e13bde7.jpg

3558819003_3a409b78ee.jpg

3559628002_412bc49c5d.jpg

Setting off at about half past seven tonight so I get to Harwich in the daylight. And what a fab day it is to be setting off on a three week tour.

My husband's going off sailing to the Channel Islands with a friend. He has three large sailing bags full of stuff, so it just goes to say that women don't always have the most luggage!

peanut

quite an adventure Helen.

Have a wonderful time and a safe journey.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Auntie Helen said:
had a really hrd day tday on the trains with trk, pluskept getting lost. Bad compuer, sorry. Hope to have better day tomorrow, aiming for Koblenz.

Think positive. Foreign landfall successfully negotiated, triumphed over the railways and dawn over the Rhine valley awaits.

Top Bottom