Auntie Helen's Suffolk Sojourn - Saturday 26 September 2009

Which days would suit you?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Auntie Helen
Uncle James
4F (fatfellafromfelixstowe)
TimO
bazzerp
slowstephen
User10571
Mrs_o
Gundi (local German friend)
orienteer

Possibles:
Charlotte
handbag/Kats

orienteer

Still planning to attend! As long as I can get on the road by 7.00, hope to arrive in time to join you for breakfast. Which is the best turn off the A12 for Manningtree?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Junction 31 of the A12, head for East Bergholt. Loads of parking at the train station and I think only £ 2.00 all day for Saturday. They use the pay on your mobile phone system.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Sadly the Wowbaggers can't make it now as their son is in hospital, GWS Dez.

Sorry you can't make it colinr.

We will be a smallish but select gathering. And we have stonking weather with no wind at all... bring your blackberry-collecting kit!

stevevw

Guru
I hope you all have a great ride tomorrow. I will be thinking of you as I lead a ride for my work mates (probably longing to be with you). A staggering 25 miles with only two fuel stops. :thumbsup::ohmy: I anticipate the ride to take upwards of five hours judging by the level of fitness of some of them :thumbsup: Still if it gives just one of them the inspiration to use their bikes more it will be worthwhile.

I will see some of you next Friday at HPC

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
We'll be there from 9. TimO isn't able to come now so we'll be a fairly select gathering.

Tony, my friend Gundi may have to bow out early too, but she'll probably get the train from Bures; if you find yourself needing to shoot off you could go in company with her. Trains from Bures are at 07 past the hour, although you have to change at Marks Tey for Colchester, and then again for Manningtree. Surprisingly faffy!

gbs

Guru
IN,OUT now finally IN. ETA 0931 from Liverpool St. If you care to text/PM with yr mobile number just in case ......

Looking forward to the fabled breakfast and the day in sunny Suffolk.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Glad you can make it gbs. You'll see a small gaggle of cyclists at the Station Cafe tucking into the Half Breakfasts when you arrive - you need to cross under the railway from the platform you arrive on. The walkway underneath is at the end of the platform where the train is travelling to, if that makes sense (i.e. furthest from London direction).

I've texted you my mobile number.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Just got back from a really good ride with top weather and only one visit from the fairy.

Made very good time too, getting back to Manningtree at 5:30pm having estimated we wouldn't be back until 7:00ish.

Good to meet gbs for the first time.

Top Bottom