Autumn 2017 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 5051146, member: 43827"]No bike or car for me. I'll spend my windfall on one of these...

View attachment 384250 [/QUOTE]
Good! Some of the most militant campaigners against parking on and barriers across cycleways around here ride those - and I mean really militant. They seem to think nothing of removing wing mirrors to clear their way or hammering on the doors of lorry drivers to get them to move. The more the merrier. :smile: I just wish they went slightly quicker so they were more use for drafting :laugh:

Tim Hall

I always enjoy Theresa Mays 'Power' Necklaces.
IRTA "pearl necklaces". Soz.

Tin Pot

Guru
Do I need to see the budget details? I’m going to take a wild guess and say that I’ll be paying more* tax next year.

*Once you’ve finished piddle arsing about with all the various hangers and inflation.

Or is that too political?

Did he wear a blue or red tie?

Tin Pot

Guru
You'll be voting ruddy Tory next.
xea0h.jpg

NickNick

0.3% average price increase is the harm, which wipes out half the saving, so it's not making it much easier or cheaper for first time buyers. It's a tax cut that primarily benefits people like me, which seems wrong.

So? To buy a house, you already need to have saved and/or financed enough to be confident of paying the purchase price and all the various hard-to-estimate fees, so I suspect £1000 reduction probably isn't going to make many buy who wouldn't otherwise.

Then they'll be benfitting from this tax cut, unlike first-time buyers.

Don't forget the banks, they'll benefit from the increased interest you'll have to pay as a first time buyer in order to cover the increase in house price.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Could someone tell me where the government borrows the money from ? Is it from the banks we bailed out not so long ago? Doesn't that give the banks leverage to influence governments?

Tin Pot

Guru
Could someone tell me where the government borrows the money from ? Is it from the banks we bailed out not so long ago? Doesn't that give the banks leverage to influence governments?

Urgh, without politics?

No.

They borrow in many different ways. To understand you first have to reject any notion that state like is like household debt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_debt

So, very simplistically they can sell bonds to anyone who will buy them, or borrow money from other countries/organisations.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I can lend them a tenner if they want...

Tin Pot

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom