Autumn 2017 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

<of paying taxes being a bad thing>

It isn't.
The lovely Ian McMillan was on Desert Island discs once. "The trouble is they've convinced us all that we don't want to pay tax. That interests me. I love paying tax. I think paying tax is what separates us from tortoises and grapefruit. Tax does separate us from monkeys 'cause we pay tax to help the ones who aren't as fortunate as us."

He writes some cracking poems too.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And here we have party politics. :smile:
Paying more tax. Paying less tax.
Neither is party politics given all parties require PAYE prisoners to pay more tax the more they earn.

U

User482

The government can create money out of thin air, but they give that names like quantitative easing. Borrowing, as described by others, is done via things like bond issues.
Yebbut QE is performed by the Bank of England buying government debt!

Tin Pot

Guru
Mugabe tried that in Zimbabwe
8AD116E1-DAAB-4D25-90D0-6D21EAA4331A.jpeg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
<of paying taxes being a bad thing>

The lovely Ian McMillan was on Desert Island discs once. "The trouble is they've convinced us all that we don't want to pay tax. That interests me. I love paying tax. I think paying tax is what separates us from tortoises and grapefruit. Tax does separate us from monkeys 'cause we pay tax to help the ones who aren't as fortunate as us."

He writes some cracking poems too.
I paid more tax, in terms of £££'s given over to the Exchequer, last tax year, as a "tax avoider", than I did in the last year I was on PAYE. I'd pay more, willingly.

I'm no poet but I think paying tax is what separates us from tightwads and graspers.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hasn't the message been "don't get ill" for ages? I'm currently taking a fourth choice medication because we don't have the first three in this country any more. I don't think this budget is going to make this better, as I suspect the problem is partly due to exchange rates making it better for Pfizer and Myers to sell those drugs in other countries and not only funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom