Autumn cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Just back from a fantastic ride after finishing work today, 53 miles in the autumn sunshine. Best time of the year to be on the bike I think. Wrapped up toastie & warm in a long sleeve top and a wooly hat with a coldish breeze on your face, nothing like it!
Cycling through the countryside there don't seem to be as many cars on the road either. I much prefer it to summer cycling, I find it easier to warm up than cool down on the bike and find autumn cycling more comfortable. I rather enjoy winter cycling too!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I agree, it was lovely today.

Drago

Legendary Member
I gotta agree entirely. In terms of comfort i rpefer cool or cold weather, and the Autumn countryside views an my commute are a delight. Even in the pishing rain i love to see nature getting on with business.

And frosty snow... bring it on!!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Low sun, wet leaves, prickly conkers,fading night light, even colder than the "summer" we've just suffered,no TdF or velodrome olympic wins to give inspiration and encouragement :headshake: ,motorists too dumb to think of putting their side lights on,fireworks, idiots walking in the road dressed as witches and ghouls, other cyclists as dumb as the motorists for not lighting up,seven months away from any decent cycling weather.......Yeah i just love it(!!):rolleyes:

Davehateshills

Great ride today, my first ride 'clipped in' and what a revelation.... should have done it months ago. I also couldn't decide on shorts or longs so I put them both on to experiment with the 'double padding effect' and it was like sitting in a comfy armchair. Weather was blowing a fair bit but that didn't matter. One of the best 30 miles ever. ^_^

Norm

Low sun, wet leaves, prickly conkers,fading night light, even colder than the "summer" we've just suffered...
With that sort of attitude, I'm sure you can find an excuse not to ride whatever the season.

Had a glorious autumnal ride yesterday. Perfect temperature, wind on my back, 40 miles off road, loads of walkers, hundreds of dogs, couldn't have been better.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
With that sort of attitude, I'm sure you can find an excuse not to ride whatever the season.

Had a glorious autumnal ride yesterday. Perfect temperature, wind on my back, 40 miles off road, loads of walkers, hundreds of dogs, couldn't have been better.
Dogs and walkers eh?! I forgot to mention those two!!:angry: ;)

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike