average speed = no racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
I think the numbers show that he's only holding himself back. Less than 100miles a month is not really intensive training, one of the guys I work with, his son competes in the local TTs, and does the chain gangs with his Dad during the week. He gets dropped, but not as quickly as you might expect, he's also 13, does more miles and faster than the OP.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I think the numbers show that he's only holding himself back. Less than 100miles a month is not really intensive training, one of the guys I work with, his son competes in the local TTs, and does the chain gangs with his Dad during the week. He gets dropped, but not as quickly as you might expect, he's also 13, does more miles and faster than the OP.
Before I started racing I was going on clubruns of 80 or so miles every Sunday and riding a couple of evenings a week too, in addition to commuting. 100 miles a month is just kids round the block stuff, nowhere near enough to get fitter and faster.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I do 3 - 400 miles a month just bimbling about. Could easily double that if I could be arsed.
Less than 100 miles a month isn't even playing at it!:thumbsdown:

bondirob

Of course you can race average speed has so many variables so pay no attention to it.
Instead of reading books just ride, lots.
In fact a lot more than you do currently.
Short rides measuring average speed will not help matters
Then when your feeling strong enter a race

outlash

also available in orange
The skill needed to get the most out of youself over a fixed 10 mile distance is often under rated.

Got to ask, what skill is needed for a 10?

outlash

also available in orange
Of course you can race average speed has so many variables so pay no attention to it.
Instead of reading books just ride, lots.
In fact a lot more than you do currently.
Short rides measuring average speed will not help matters
Then when your feeling strong enter a race

Other than riding more, that's just rubbish.

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
I emailed a coach last night and he has given me this plan and i will do it and stick to it

Monday 30 mins . Heart rate 120-140bpm Warm up 5 mins at 90rpm 5 mins at 100rpm session 15 mins Change rpm every minute. Concentrate on keep your bum firmly on the saddle and sweeping back with you legs 1 min at 110 rpm 1 min at 100 rpm 5 mins cool down at 90 rpm 5 mins abs 40 seconds on 20 seconds off legs slightly bent Back part from the floor and goes up to the knees

Tuesday Standing start sprint • on road if possible 20/25 mins warm up HR 120-140bpm, 100rpm 5 sprints at 250 meters 10 mins spinning legs 2 sprints at 500 meters 10 mins spinning legs 1 sprint at 1km 20/25 min cool down HR 120-140, 100rpm • Try and record power output one each sprint

Wednesday 3 hours HR 130-150 100rpm

Thursday TT efforts • on road if possible 20 mins warm up HR 120-140, 100rpm 20 mins TT effort • 15 min HR 170-180, 100rpm • 5 mins HR 180+, 100 rpm 20 mins spin HR 120-140, 100rpm 20 mins TT effort • 15 mins HR 170-180. 100rpm • 5 mins 180+,100rpm 20 mins cool down HR 120-140, 90-100 pm Record power output on TT efforts Repeat ab workout

Friday Rest day

Saturday 3 hours HR 130-150 100rpm

Sunday 3 hours HR 130-150 100rpm

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
That training program might work for someone already doing that sort of volume but in a less-structured way- does the coach know the amount of riding you are doing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom