Aversion to your own safety, would you use this?

Would you use this grinding disc?

• Yes it'll be fine

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • No way, fit a new disc

Votes: 40 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Twelve inch disc that came apart. Had time to wonder where it had gone before it returned to earth.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Depends. What are you grinding? Blancmange? Should be ok.
Come to think of it, the gloop inside your eyeballs (vitreous) has a consistency of blancmange. The shattered blade will mash it up really well.

The center of the eye is filled with a jelly-like substance called “vitreous.” At a young age, this substance is very thick with a consistency somewhat like “Jell-o”. As a natural process of aging, the vitreous becomes more liquefied as one gets older.

I've had a couple of discs go on me over the years and it's not a pleasant experience. In both cases there was no injury but there was a need to change my underwear.....

A disc costs a couple of £, why on earth would you consider using a known fractured disc:ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
Why not donate it for free and ship it to any of the people who say you should use it?

FWIW, this is quite simple: no, no and no.
It'd probably get broken in the post.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Come to think of it, the gloop inside your eyeballs (vitreous) has a consistency of blancmange. The shattered blade will mash it up really well.

The center of the eye is filled with a jelly-like substance called “vitreous.” At a young age, this substance is very thick with a consistency somewhat like “Jell-o”. As a natural process of aging, the vitreous becomes more liquefied as one gets older.
Is that what you call humour?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You had to make me do that, didn't you......xx(xx(xx(
Two of us had a brief "Safety Induction" on a building site once. The foreman showed us to a Portakibin and left us to it. On the walls were about fifteen large photos of construction industry injuries. One was of a smashed up eye socket from a shattered disc. The post-mortem X ray of a skull that had been on the receiving end of a brick that had been kicked off five floors above was marginally worse. It made a lasting impression on me.

Top Bottom