Aversion to your own safety, would you use this?

Would you use this grinding disc?

• Yes it'll be fine

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • No way, fit a new disc

Votes: 40 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Nope. My Dad spent three days in hospital once with bits of an exploded disk in his leg. Not recommended.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why do so many CCers have these things? Am i missing out on the fun?

Globalti

Legendary Member
The angle grinder and the chainsaw are two of the most destructive tools invented by Man. In fact the chainsaw is probably going to turn out to be the tool that brought about the end of the world if criminals in developing countries are allowed to continue to launder their money by cutting down forest and planting oil palms.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

So the next question is what does it look like now, top or bottom

?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Why do so many CCers have these things? Am i missing out on the fun?

Yes.

Love my tools. Electric chain saw (2x as one is extending), mitre saw (this is brill), electric tile cutter (the ones that use water and a blade), grinder, jigsaw, SDS big drill (one you have to be careful with as the torque is phenominal) etc etc.

Chainaws and angle grinders - you need utmost respect for these things.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes.

Love my tools. Electric chain saw (2x as one is extending), mitre saw (this is brill), electric tile cutter (the ones that use water and a blade), grinder, jigsaw, SDS big drill (one you have to be careful with as the torque is phenominal) etc etc.

Chainaws and angle grinders - you need utmost respect for these things.
The last time i touched a power tool was when i plugged in my dad's hadn't been used in years since he died electric drill from his working days. It'd been in his shed for years. The thing almost blew up as i flicked the power socket switch! Damp must've got into it.:unsure:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The last time i touched a power tool was when i plugged in my dad's hadn't been used in years since he died electric drill from his working days. It'd been in his shed for years. The thing almost blew up as i flicked the power socket switch! Damp must've got into it.:unsure:

Stay away from them. One of my BIL's is useless - very dangerous letting him near anything with power.

classic33

Leg End Member
A demonstration on rail cutting, model railways, using a dremel and a home built sliding table, went well until they got distracted by something. The blood spatter pattern would have had many a CSI scratching their heads.

The nail on his finger got cut a bit further down than would have been normally.

tony111

Veteran
Had to go on an abrasive wheels training course for work a few years ago. I was surprised to learn that the discs have an expiry date and H&S won't be happy if we have an accident while using an out of date one Note to self......I need to change my avatar.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

40 years ago in an engineering shop I was using a surface grinder, with the work clamped on a magnetic table, it was something like a 14 inch disc, 3 inch wide, the worked moved, I heard the disc start to suck up the work & start to slow down, but before I could do anything the disc exploded sending pieces in all directions.

Have you got a chainsaw helmet? Yes? Go for it!
Although one cut will probably see it shatter into a thousand pieces so why bother?

Top Bottom