Avoiding the 4am trek to the campsite bogs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

campagman

Guru
I tend to prevent this problem by controlling what I drink the night before. After a day cycling I am probably a bit dehydrated anyway! I know people like to have a bed time drink but I'm afraid that's your downfall. Like somebody has said before going to the pub ruins this strategy.

CycleTourer

Veteran
We have an 'En-suite' approach. It's called a Hilleberg Stalon GT which has a large vestibule and a Ortlieb folding bucket! :biggrin:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
As the solution to this is relatively simple for men - container and good aim - does it explain why women have far greater bladder control than us guys?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..erm...without the corrugated bits would be better....

Cheddar George

oober member
I once shared a room with an Australian guy backpacking round Africa, he told me a great story of how to drink lager at an Aussie rules football game. To save time going to and from the toilets and also losing your place at the bar you cut up an old cycle inner tube (25mm - 35mm i am guessing) roll one end over your manhood and route the rest down your trouser leg to trail loosely on the floor. As long as you didn't tread on the end you were sorted.

Obviously this is the perfect answer to BTFB's problem.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cheddar George said:
I once shared a room with an Australian guy backpacking round Africa, he told me a great story of how to drink lager at an Aussie rules football game. To save time going to and from the toilets and also losing your place at the bar you cut up an old cycle inner tube (25mm - 35mm i am guessing) roll one end over your manhood and route the rest down your trouser leg to trail loosely on the floor. As long as you didn't tread on the end you were sorted.

Great ingenuity bit I'm sure I could get away with a 25mm! An involuntary erection could be disastrous though!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cheddar George said:

Spike Milligan got there first in 'Rommel Gunner Who?' give or take the odd comma.

domtyler

Über Member
Kirstie said:
Remember in the 1970s you could get those long corrugated plastic tubes (usually green) which played 'tunes' as you whirled them round above your head?

One of those would do it...

You could make yourself really popular by giving it to the kids to play with the next morning too! :smile:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Bicycle inner tube...hmmm...I like it...simple and easy to remember....also it wont look a stoopid on a bike as a whirly tube or a bed pan jobby...

...what a great conversation

Top Bottom