Avoiding the 4am trek to the campsite bogs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I am currently on a camping trip and can vouch for the wide mouthed bottle - a revelation in not having to unzip the tent and go outside.

mazza

id get out of the tent two minuites to look at the stars always good when your in the country side then then streaght back into the tent

Bodhbh

Guru
Reminds me of student days - everyone had a p*** bottle, not because they did any camping, but were too bloody lazy to walk to the loo in the night.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
rich p said:
Great ingenuity bit I'm sure I could get away with a 25mm!
Given that a 25 mm tube is slightly less than 1 inch diameter, and circumference = Pi x diameter, that's a 'girth' of only about 3 inches. Are you sure that you've got your calculations right?

I'd have thought an old mountain bike tube would be more like it...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ColinJ said:
Given that a 25 mm tube is slightly less than 1 inch diameter, and circumference = Pi x diameter, that's a 'girth' of only about 3 inches. Are you sure that you've got your calculations right?

I'd have thought an old mountain bike tube would be more like it...

Perhaps you're right Colin. I'm just too modest!

Duds

if you can make it through the night at home, you can make it through the night in a tent.

get up, step outside, pee, step inside, sleep

it's 4.00am - i wouldn't give a hoot to being seen taking a leak at 4.00am. Unhygienic? how many rabbits, foxes , badgers, cats and dogs are peeing round your tent all night?

The dog and I always take a naked constitutional pee every morning in the garden when we get up at home - rain, snow or shine. Wakes you up! (advantage of no neighbours!)

taking a dump, i can see the issues! but a pee? we worry too much.

ronmac

A one litre Minute Maid Pure Squeezed Orange Juice bottle. 1.25 inches inside diameter at lid. A good solid screwtop lid - no spillage. Spot on.
I appreciate the benefits of some fresh air and looking at a starlit sky in the middle of the night BUT - You don't want to get outside in Scotland at night. You'll get eaten alive by midgies.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ronmac said:
A one litre Minute Maid Pure Squeezed Orange Juice bottle. 1.25 inches inside diameter at lid. A good solid screwtop lid - no spillage. Spot on.
That's too small a diameter - you'd still have the old 'aiming in the dark when half asleep' problem!

Now one of these is more like it (1.6" inside diameter):

sis%20water%20bottle%20800ml.jpg

2 points to note though:

(1) Don't get confused between the pee bottle and the bottles you drink from!

(2) Don't use it when you are feeling frisky - it's still small enough to trap you! (Er, allegedly... :biggrin:)

ronmac

ColinJ said:
That's too small a diameter - you'd still have the old 'aiming in the dark when half asleep' problem!

I'm an average bloke - not a horse !

con gibbens

CycleTourer said:
We have an 'En-suite' approach. It's called a Hilleberg Stalon GT which has a large vestibule and a Ortlieb folding bucket! B)

We also have a Hilleberg Stalon GT (discontinued but a similar model is now available) Our en-suite is actually a small hard plastic bucket with a lid! This bucket is not available in the UK as far as I know even though it is a Curver product but almost every hypermarche in France stock them. The top edge of the bucket has a flange bit like a small bog seat so can be used by females and could be pressed into service for more serious issues if desparate!
It just fits into one of our rear Ortlieb rolltop panniers and in transit is stuffed full of our fluid containers such as washing up liquid, cooking oil, liquid fuel containers and other leakable items so serves a dual purpose.

Top Bottom