Avoiding the 4am trek to the campsite bogs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...nothing worse....all wrapped up snug and dry in your sleeping bag, istening the the rain deluge on your tent....when you get 'That' urge.....you roll over & tell yourself it will go away and you can wait till morning....but you know you are kidding yourself....so it's off to the bog block in the rain and mud in the dark...YUCK.

So how is it possible to wee in a small tent hygenically and avoid the dreaded bogblockboogie?

You don't: You pop up through the tent flap like a meercat, stark bollock naked, do a stealth wee to one side and slide back in all before you've even woken up.

The only problem is if you've woken someone else up in the tent who needs a wee and they emerge after you thinking you've headed for the loo. You haven't, so they butt you pretty hard in the backside, catapaulting you out the tent over the guy lines mid wee - not that that's ever happened to me you understand.

col

Legendary Member
One of those wee bottles,with a screw cap,or something similar would do it wouldnt it?

col

Legendary Member
A practiced kneeling position,normaly ok,but maybe not if there are a few in the tiny tent:smile:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I thought about the obviuos...pepsi bottles etc but I dont like th ethought of sharing my limited space with a bottle of my finest ( I tend to roll over in my sleep a lot which would increase the risk of having to whistle yellow river in the morning)...so i was thinking about some kind of pipe/hose set up...but how would it exit the tent?....and I 'd have to cycle across germany with a pipe on my bike....hmm....

....I thought about designing a moulded rubber/plastic vent in the sid eof th etent wall with a screw on hose th eother side long enough to clear the area so to speak.....dunno...am I just being lazy? ....but thi scould be important next time I am camping out in -50c on everest (in my dreams)....

A pepsi bottle! With the top cut off I presume :rolleyes:

You get all sorts of solutions, especially amongst the winter campers. A cut down drinks bottle is a fave, placed carefully outside the tent after use. Not sure about the hose, unless you generate a fair old pressure :biggrin: but for summer, on a quiet campsite .......... waterproof on and out you go man, find a tree.

Also, if you can conquer the urge one night, you don't get it again: All bets off if you've been to the pub though.

sloe

One of those wide-mouth drinks bottles with the squirty teat

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=2878

In the morning you can secrete it about your person for the trip to the loo, and then amaze and delight your fellow urinaters by expressing two healthy streams at once.

a designated "pee bottle". maybe an aluminium on to avoid mixing with a drinking bottle. Has worked for years.

Or pitch your tent next to a bounday hedge and simply aim from the rear door of the tent.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
One of those wide mouth drinks bottles. Wrap it up with gaffa tape so you cant confuse it with a drinks bottle.
I'm ure somewhere on the internet you can get a bottle that is made to have a pee in, its a different colour and shape so you cant confuse it. Not sure where though.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The cheap option is an empty old powdered milk bottle. The 'Five Pints' brand (is it still available?) was the classic 'bivvi piss bottle'.

Slightly more expensive is a well marked Nalgene plastic bottle. The tops on these are secure enough that you can put it back in your sleeping bag and enjoy a 'hot water' bottle to help you get back to sleep.

495pp.jpg

trans.gif

Larger picture

Male autoclavable natural coloured polypropylene urinal with a tight sealing cap for easy transportation. External marking to its 1000ml capacity.

Top Bottom