b@^*y stupid cyclist (give us all a bad name)

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dave7, 15 Aug 2012.

1. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

If you are the person and a member and read this please take heed.
    Warrington......9.00 a.m. (so roads are busy) and I am driving Orford thro' to Walton. A guy on a full sus' was 'flying'. As it was busy and cars were queing (perhaps 10-15 of us) this guy was passing-which is fine in principle.....but he was weaving in & out at 20ish mph!
    Onto the main A57 Manchester Road and he is doing the same AND he blasts his air horn at something/someone he didn't like.
    2 points really.
    1. This guy was relying on everyone staying in line and no one doing anything wrong e.g changing lanes-if they had he is off and perhaps dead!
    2. He really seemed to think he owned the road and had had the right to weave in & out at 20mph.

Rant over....I just felt he gave all cyclists a bad name,

2. on the road

on the road Über Member

Princes Park is a long way from Warrington and they are two unrelated incidents.

3. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Know what you mean, people around the M62 call themselves northerners, more like the midlands compared to up here in the "proper" North ;)

4. Yesterday i encountered several drivers whose low standard of driving gave drivers a bad name. So what? The only useful purpose this thread serves is to highlight how 'cyclists' are perceived as an 'out group' who need to 'behave themselves' in case - heaven forbid - the normals find reason to hate us even more than they already do.

Some people are dicks. Some people ride bikes. It stands to reason that some cyclists are dicks.

5. on the road

on the road Über Member

I should have quoted his post because he's deleted it now, but basically he was trying to link the incident in Princes Park with the OP's post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice