Baby wipe bike cleaning convert!.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
After a year of just riding it, coming home in the pouring rain tonight I decided to treat the Gtech on it's birthday.

Had a set of front and back brake pads to fit so decided best option was a quick clean of the brakes with a baby wipe before I started.

Anyway I got carried away and found the dirt came straight off with no fuss at all, this was a years worth of road grime..

20170728_183154.jpg

Daughter was helping out, passing the tools and they wipes.

20170728_183207.jpg

This is the finished article, came up like brand new after a year of neglect riding through all weathers, seems a very hardy bike and well finished!.

20170728_191014.jpg

I should have took a before picture, it was absolutely minging!.

AndyRM

XOXO
Baby wipes are witchcraft. How they can be gentle enough for a tiny pair of buttcheeks yet strong enough to get a bike looking brand new breaks my mind.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I always use baby wipes to clean my bikes. Works a treat.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
If you wash your bike with baby wipes once a year you might as well just buy a chavvy 4x4, as far as I am concerned your environmental credentials are in tatters.

I gently blow the dirt off my bike to save the environmental impact of a sponge and water.

(Actually, I just never clean my bike, but out of laziness rather than wanting to save a few sodding baby wipes.)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Soap and water, and a shine with Mr Sheen once every so often.

How do you find the Gtech - it's possibly something my dad might look at but there aren't many small frames.

Drago

Legendary Member
I wash my bike using a rag made from tiger skin, dry it with a chamois made from baby crocodile hide. I then protect it with a wax made from dodo egg whites, and polish it using a rag made from panda fur. It needs cleaning regularly as it gets awfully grimy when I'm out clubbing seals with the Freemasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom