Baby wipe bike cleaning convert!.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
That is laughable. £0.85 for 20 wipes.

Actually, they're 85p each - if you want a box of 20, that's £15. But you're not really comparing like with like, since the Crankalicious wipes are individually wrapped.

They're not really meant for everyday use, or for use at home when you have access to a bucket, sponges/brushes and hot water, and a nice big garden to clean your bike in.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Living in a flat with no outside space...

You can wash bikes in the street - I know this because I have done it many times.

After all, people don't take their car into the kitchen to clean it, do they?

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
You think I'm trolling - I'm being serious. So after not touching the bike for a year, you decide to 'do some maintenance' when it's raining and the only option is to do it inside, with baby wipes. Read that back a few times. Top tip = wait until it stops raining and clean it outside using the method suggested earlier. HTH.

You're honesly telling my I can't wash MY bike in MY kitchen with MY babywipes when it's raining?.

Top tip, wind your neck in..

S-Express

You're honesly telling my I can't wash MY bike in MY kitchen with MY babywipes when it's raining?.

I'm not 'honesly' telling you anything of the sort. You can wash your bike in a wardrobe with a wire brush and a bucket of cat pi55 for all I care. I'm simply pointing out that baby wipes are not necessarily a good thing to be a 'convert' to (as in your thread title) - and your explanations for using them don't really stand up to scrutiny. Wind your own in.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Compare baby wipes use to your car use, which one do you consider carries the greater environmental impact? Priorities and all that .

Last edited:
OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I'm not 'honesly' telling you anything of the sort. You can wash your bike in a wardrobe with a wire brush and a bucket of cat pi55 for all I care. I'm simply pointing out that baby wipes are not necessarily a good thing to be a 'convert' to (as in your thread title) - and your explanations for using them don't really stand up to scrutiny. Wind your own in.

I'll stick to the babywipes, don't want my bike and wardrobe smelling of cat piss but thanks for the helpful suggestion..

Levo-Lon

Guru
So which is better for the long term survival of mankind?

A once a year wipe down with baby wipes?
Or buckets of soapy water ...

Fook im going to struggle to sleep thinking about this one..
Ive just done 130 miles in a diesel car today...and ill wash it tomorrow.
Do i get a humanitarian badge if i wipe my arse with my hand ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed. Every time you use a baby wipe a panda dies.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I clean all my bikes with baby wipes (I bulk-buy them in boxes of 12 or 18 packs; I do have 5 bikes to keep clean!). Living in a flat with no outside space, I don't have much choice!
Hose them down at the Bike Station?
I tried the baby wipes once, before I knew they are bad for the environment :angel:
but cleaning my muddy commuter tank like that took ages!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Actually, they're 85p each - if you want a box of 20, that's £15. But you're not really comparing like with like, since the Crankalicious wipes are individually wrapped.

They're not really meant for everyday use, or for use at home when you have access to a bucket, sponges/brushes and hot water, and a nice big garden to clean your bike in.

At 85p a wipe when the market price is about a penny, I agree that they are not meant for everyday use. Anyway, if someone will pay the price then good luck to them

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
You'll block the loo. Don't worry, I've an ivory and rhino horn poker that you can use to push it round the U bend.

Thanks for the offer Drago but I haven't got the metal capacity to unblock the toilet unfortunately.

I can always mop the water up with wipes though if it backs up..

Top Bottom