Baby wipe bike cleaning convert!.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Soap and water, and a shine with Mr Sheen once every so often.

How do you find the Gtech - it's possibly something my dad might look at but there aren't many small frames.

I love it, it still needs some effort through the pedals though. I'm mainly out of assist on the flat but it helps up the hills.

Think they are 20" frames, they do a stepthrough one as well.

tyred

Legendary Member
I clean mine by going for a ride in the rain.
cyclist-tackles-flood-waters-as-they-eventually-begin-to-slowly-at-picture-id75612518?s=612x612.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
I wash my bike using a rag made from tiger skin, dry it with a chamois made from baby crocodile hide. I then protect it with a wax made from dodo egg whites, and polish it using a rag made from panda fur. It needs cleaning regularly as it gets awfully grimy when I'm out clubbing seals with the Freemasons.

Feckin Do Gooder

iwantanewbike

Über Member
It may not be 100% environmentally friendly either, but if you use frame polish after washing your bike, it'll potentially go 1000 miles before it starts to pick up dirt again. Wilko sell it for a few quid but to me it smells exactly the same as furniture polish, so I'd imagine it is the same stuff - might be cheaper elsewhere in that case.

S-Express

Not when it's pissing it down, I think you need to get a life and stop trolling.

You think I'm trolling - I'm being serious. So after not touching the bike for a year, you decide to 'do some maintenance' when it's raining and the only option is to do it inside, with baby wipes. Read that back a few times. Top tip = wait until it stops raining and clean it outside using the method suggested earlier. HTH.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Crankalicious have just launched these bike-specific wipes:
https://www.crankalicious.com/products/pineapple-express-kwipes

Tbh, I'm not in favour of using either baby wipes or a bike-specific version for the reasons others have stated, but these would be pretty handy to pack for use while touring.

That is laughable. £0.85 for 20 wipes. Tesco Own Brand are £0.64 for 60 and I'm sure there are cheaper out there than that

Anyhoo....I used to use them to floss the cassette but I've stopped. I've found a quick squirt with something like Muc Off and then a stiff brush is better and quicker. Other than that it's soap and water

I clean all my bikes with baby wipes (I bulk-buy them in boxes of 12 or 18 packs; I do have 5 bikes to keep clean!). Living in a flat with no outside space, I don't have much choice!

Top Bottom