Back in the saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
After not quite a month off the road, it was with a slight feeling of apprehension that I finally got back on the bike today. Because I was still a bit tender around my sit-upon I took off my trusty Brooks and fit a gel saddle in the hope that it would be kind to me. Very gingerly in my case, we set out and made our way steadily for a mile or so when we had to stop for Colin to take off his trousers, (don't ask) and a little further along the road we had to stop again when he lost them off his carrier. They were handed back to him to a rousing chorus of 'Colin where's your trousers' in the best Harry Lauder tradition. After a quick descent down Dunsley Lane we stopped at Sandsend where we had a cup of hot chocolate at the beach cafe before spinning away up the gradient towards Whitby and home. our average speed was low, even by my usual standards but today's ride was more about trying out my aching bum than anything else. I did not experience too much discomfort while we were out but I found that my left leg seems to have no strength in it and I was only using one leg to propel me up the hills. I am a little tender now but I will get over that, at least I am out and about again. I think that the gell saddle will have to go though. Our route was from Whitby to Newholme, Dunsley, Sandsend, Whitby.

Top Bottom