Back to school?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Any teachers on here?
Me. Secondary biology. Back on Monday and wondering if I can remember what to do!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good Luck and stay well. I'm at a Uni, but back office (Finance) and we aren't going back, allowing space for students and staff that need to be in, but only doing 3-4 hours direct teaching a week per student.

Daughter in college from 10th September. Covid here I come ! :ohmy:

Drago

Legendary Member
Mrs D is a teacher, deputy head of year at a 2300 pupil school. She doesn't do much teaching and deals with the pastoral side, safeguarding, exclusions, unforeseen crises, etc, of which there is plenty to do in a school that size.

However, she has MS and the results could be nasty - or permanent - if she contracted the virus so she is going to be the PA to the principal and VP's until the situation improves - they're paying her the same, actually less hours, but she gets her own office and need come into contact with no one during a working day - nobody else will be allowed beyond the door.

Shes happy, she keeps her job and when (if) the substantial risk passes she can go back to her primary role. The boss is happy, as his sister has MS so he is very protective towards Mrs D, which is nice as it doesn't take endless repeats of explanations to him.

As for me, I'm retired. Once Mrs D goes back and Mini D goes to her own school then I can kick back and enjoy the peace and quiet of retirement again.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
TTD for the first day and then children back on Wednesday.
Back on Wednesday then off for a week again,in a fortnight!:rolleyes: Why not have the teacher training day last week,or before?🤔

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy was never a child. :laugh:
I was the only child in my junior class who wore a 'dickie' bow tie!:blush:

Others have followed since....
1598896509944.png

Top Bottom