Back to school?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Aarrgh, I wore one of those as a small child too! :whistle:
I'm now searching through my photo tin for one of me wearing a 'Dickie'.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok,here's me complete with Dickie bow tie and older brother around 1964/5.:smile:

1598897861038.png

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am a supply teacher now but only two days a week and to be honest, I am not sure if I will go back straight away. I might wait till October to see how it is by then.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Any teachers on here? I qualified last year and just had the oddest NQT year ever! I teach Reception and utterly love it. We go back tomorrow - TTD for the first day and then children back on Wednesday.
I deliver Bikeability in primary schools, and we sometimes get asked to go in to deliver balance sessions to reception and yr1. Some of the non-sequiturs they come out with are brilliant.

Me: "OK girls and boys, who has a bike at home"
Small child: "I had sausages for tea"
Me: "......that's nice....."

Julia9054

Guru
I am a supply teacher now but only two days a week and to be honest, I am not sure if I will go back straight away. I might wait till October to see how it is by then.
I think there may be a great deal of need for supply teachers.
My son should be starting his career as a freelance musician having just graduated from RNCM. He has signed up with a supply agency and is hoping to get work as a cover supervisor/TA until creative industries get going again.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
I left teaching about three years ago having done it for a long time. I still feel for all of you going back this time of year, that feeling the night before xx( needless to say I don’t miss it at all!
Going back now after remote working for so long must be horrible. Kudos to you all still in the profession.

gavroche

I think there may be a great deal of need for supply teachers.
My son should be starting his career as a freelance musician having just graduated from RNCM. He has signed up with a supply agency and is hoping to get work as a cover supervisor/TA until creative industries get going again.
That's what I do now, Cover Supervisor as I don't want to teach anymore.

gavroche

You need to go back to raise the money for that ebike you want.
If I really wanted it, I would buy it but I may be tempted sooner or later. :okay:
I like the look of the Carrera e road bike in Halford for £999. Nice price compared to other e road bikes costing a lot more. :whistle:
I may surprise you one day.^_^

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Roll on Wednesday:rolleyes: Can you teach them some discipline ,Cause the parents don`t seem able:okay:
They (teachers) won't be happy about that.:stop: They say,and rightly so to an extent,that discipline isn't their job,it's the parents or guardians of the little cherubs job. It wasn't like that in my day! You fecked with the teachers and they fecked right back!!:unsure: I was a groveler,'Fag' if you had the fortune/misfortune to go to a private school ("yes sir,no sir,three bags full sir"!),so they left me alone.^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom