Back to school?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
He doesn't need to. The Daily Heil tells him what to think
and the Daily Telegraph,the Daily Express,The Sun,Talk Radio....

Then we have the bloke i've just been talking to up my local park. There he was complete with a Che Guevara patch on his jacket. I tested him out,by saying words to the affect of "Oh,i see the children aren't back yet". He then went into a rant,saying stuff like 'lazy teachers,they're getting paid for doing bugger all'!!:smile:

Last edited:

G3CWI

Veteran
I taught High School Physics for a while. I hated it. Left and set up my own business to get more holidays.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I suppose you class having my say as 'muscling in'.:rolleyes: What's there to know about them,apart from they are bastions of 'woke',Marxist,snowflake subversion! :thanks:
You surely mean 'bastions of learning', because teachers weren't furloughed- they were still setting and marking work.
If some pupils gave gone feral, maybe direct your complaints at the parents

Julia9054

Guru
I had a call from the agency I work with this morning and they are expecting a great demand of supply teachers shortly. We won't have to wear masks in the classroom but will have to in corridors. Kids won't be allowed to ask for pens or other equipment ( and why should they? They should always have their own) and we will have to use our own cup, cutlery in schools too. So pleased I am only going for two days a week.
Our school have gone with masks in corridors are optional but recommended. I've heard of some schools removing kettles/fridges/microwaves from staff areas and requiring all drinks etc to be brought in from home. Thank goodness we haven't gone for that option!
I hope your supply teacher prediction is correct - son no2 really needs the work.

classic33

Leg End Member
I left school in 1977. We always had September off because it was the local Wakes week(s) holidays. Now whether we were kept off school because our working parents did so,so that we could go on holiday I don't know.
Wakes Week(Two weeks) was in July round these parts.

Time for maintenance of the mill machinery, which could only be done with the machinery stopped.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wakes Week(Two weeks) was in July round these parts.

Time for maintenance of the mill machinery, which could only be done with the machinery stopped.
I think Accy and Blackburn had the 2nd and 3rd weeks of July,while Burnley had the 1st and 2nd weeks. I never hear of wakes weeks now. I also remember the newsagents shut for the fortnight,with the papers being sold from market type stalls at a few points in the towns.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I notice Walter and his siblings posed for a pic' before going back to school yesterday.:smile:

1599131536434.png

Top Bottom