Back to school?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Any teachers on here? I qualified last year and just had the oddest NQT year ever! I teach Reception and utterly love it. We go back tomorrow - TTD for the first day and then children back on Wednesday.
Great age group you get the excuses to be a big kid. it's all a big game and they just want to learn. Sadly as they move though the sausage machine the love of learning is all but snuffed out.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Here in HK, the teachers are back and the kids are coming back, in stages, 23rd and 29th September.

Still a bit messy as far as the youngsters who travel cross border from Shenzhen to school here though. Still, will be awesome to see them again. :wub:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Great age group you get the excuses to be a big kid. it's all a big game and they just want to learn. Sadly as they move though the sausage machine the love of learning is all but snuffed out.

Yup, I agree sadly. We have that issue even here in Asia. Education systems are designed for the needs of adults in mind, not the needs of kids and doesn't take into account that kids develop at different rates and learn differently. As Einstein, who was labelled a failure at school, once said 'If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll go through life thinking it's a failure.'

Last edited:

GM

Legendary Member
Good luck Teachers!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Wife started back yesterday, today is the first with kids. The year group 'bubbles' are each over 200 kids, she will flit between all of the bubbles as she teaches secondary. I give it a month at most before the school will have entire bubbles at home. From what I saw cycling my son to school this morning, social distancing is not a thing, they were licking each other before they even got into school. Good luck to all involved, I guess at least the schools can say they tried when it all goes wrong.

vickster

Legendary Member
Wife started back yesterday, today is the first with kids. The year group 'bubbles' are each over 200 kids, she will flit between all of the bubbles as she teaches secondary. I give it a month at most before the school will have entire bubbles at home. From what I saw cycling my son to school this morning, social distancing is not a thing, they were licking each other before they even got into school. Good luck to all involved, I guess at least the schools can say they tried when it all goes wrong.
:ohmy:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They are not back!! Seriously,i've just seen a group of chavs messing about outside. How long can they drag this out for ffs??!!!:angry:

Top Bottom