Back to school?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Since when is half term in September?

Accy, you have realised that this year has been somewhat unusual in many ways due to a certain pandemic, haven't you? :wacko:

Reactions: C R

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Since when is half term in September?

Accy, you have realised that this year has been somewhat unusual in many ways due to a certain pandemic, haven't you? :wacko:
We used to be off for a week in September. Maybe it's changed now. I seriously think the teachers unions are going to try and disrupt a return to 'normality' for political gains/purposes.

vickster

Legendary Member
We used to be off for a week in September. Maybe it's changed now. I seriously think the teachers unions are going to try and disrupt a return to 'normality' for political gains/purposes.
I never had a week off in September, more like October around the time the clocks changed.
The (state school) term didn't start until the first week of September, so no idea why you'd have a week off almost immediately. In Scotland/NI, perhaps they do get a week off in September as the school year is different with an earlier finish in July or even late June (normally)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I never had a week off in September, more like October around the time the clocks changed.
The (state school) term didn't start until the first week of September, so no idea why you'd have a week off almost immediately. In Scotland/NI, perhaps they do get a week off in September as the school year is different with an earlier finish in July or even late June (normally)
I left school in 1977. We always had September off because it was the local Wakes week(s) holidays. Now whether we were kept off school because our working parents did so,so that we could go on holiday I don't know.

vickster

Legendary Member
I left school in 1977. We always had September off because it was the local Wakes week(s) holidays. Now whether we were kept off school because our working parents did so,so that we could go on holiday I don't know.
I started school in 1977 :laugh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My grandson was due to start back tomorrow. Bogs Law, he got a cough and snot today so the school want to see a negative test result before he's allowed back in. (Test done this afternoon, results soon, hopefully!)

Granddaughter's due back Tuesday, so she's getting 'done' in preparation, too.

Typical. Been off for 6 months without even a sniffle between them!! 😂

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I had a call from the agency I work with this morning and they are expecting a great demand of supply teachers shortly. We won't have to wear masks in the classroom but will have to in corridors. Kids won't be allowed to ask for pens or other equipment ( and why should they? They should always have their own) and we will have to use our own cup, cutlery in schools too. So pleased I am only going for two days a week.

Top Bottom