Bacon Sarnies

What sauce do you prefer on your bacon sandwhich?

• Red sauce

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Brown sauce

• neither/other - please elaborate

• both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Sorry :blush: - I'm a cheese sandwich man :biggrin: and any sauce in those would be very wrong indeed :ohmy:.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Pete said:
How should a veggie answer this question? :eek::angry::wacko::biggrin::ohmy::angry::blush::ohmy:
i heard that if you become a veggie, the hardest thing to give up is bacon sandwiches... and it's the most likely thing to make you become a carnivore again... one smell and that's all it takes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:thumbsup::ohmy::thumbsup::sad:

col

Legendary Member
Brock said:
What the... What's wrong with you people?? English mustard of course! 'Red' and 'Brown' sauce are both nasty sugar filled gloopy processed puke.

Now i love mustard on a sausage sarny:smile:

yenrod

Life a bugger but there are many other things that are good which dont kill you sooner rather than later !

Elmer Fudd said:
Bugger ! N I'm cutting down on the tabs when I should really be cutting out me sarnies !

spesh

yenrod said:
Bacon contains a nitrate that can cause damge to the lungs !

Avoid it if you need to breath....

Surely, it's only a problem if you're eating bacon butties every day...

Besides, think of all the exhaust fumes you're inhaling deep into your lungs on every commute. :ohmy:

In comparison with carbon monoxide, unburnt hydrocarbons and PM10 particulates, what's been used to cure bacon is small beer. :blush:

spesh

For the purposes of the survey, I'll alternate between ketchup and HP sauce on a semi-random basis. With the ketchup occasionally enlived with Taylor's English mustard.* :ohmy::thumbsup::biggrin:

Off=topic, sausage butties are a choice from: condiment-free, HP sauce or fried onions.

Can you hear the sound of me not caring what simoncc thinks? :blush:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Pete said:
How should a veggie answer this question? :ohmy::sad::wacko::eek::ohmy::angry::blush::biggrin:

Sorry about the rather glaring omission from the poll.

How about . . . what would you put on a brown sauce sandwhich?:ohmy:

Brock

simoncc said:
Mustard on bacon? I've heard it all now.
I'm pretty sure there are some other things you've yet to hear of to be honest. Perhaps tuna with mayonnaise?

Hey, I found this scientifically proven (although frankly rather vague) technique for bacon butty perfection:

"The perfect bacon sandwich
Cut two slices of white farmhouse bread (one to two centimetres thick)
Take two or three (or more!) rashers of Danish back bacon (smoked or unsmoked — whichever you prefer)
Place under preheated oven grill for approximately seven minutes on high (preferably 240 degrees)
Turn once during cooking
Add sauce to taste, and enjoy!"

Apparently it took four scientists at Leeds University a thousand hours of research to arrive at that method.

Source

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Brock said:
"The perfect bacon sandwich
Cut two slices of white farmhouse bread (one to two centimetres thick)
Take two or three (or more!) rashers of Danish back bacon (smoked or unsmoked — whichever you prefer)
Place under preheated oven grill for approximately seven minutes on high (preferably 240 degrees)
Turn once during cooking
Add sauce to taste, and enjoy!"

Apparently it took four scientists at Leeds University a thousand hours of research to arrive at that method.

Source

Cutting edge stuff. I wonder if they got the funding for "How to cook the perfect sausage sandwhich in Barbados"

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Brock said:
It would do, they were waiting for the Mrs. Mopp to come in and show them how to turn the grill on.

You can never work by committee

spesh

Whilst doorstep-sized slices of farmhouse are traditional, I'm not averse to using pain rustique rolls, mini baguettes or a mini ciabatta for my bacon sandwiches.

The one constant is 3-4 slices of back bacon...

Top Bottom