Bacon Sarnies

What sauce do you prefer on your bacon sandwhich?

• Red sauce

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Brown sauce

• neither/other - please elaborate

• both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

buggi said:
i heard that if you become a veggie, the hardest thing to give up is bacon sandwiches... and it's the most likely thing to make you become a carnivore again... one smell and that's all it takes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:thumbsup::blush::thumbsup::ohmy:
I only posted as a bit of a wind-up :biggrin:, but I should have known I'd get the typical, condescending reply dismissing all veggies as being in some sort of 'self-denial'....

I'm not strictly a veggie myself, since I eat fish, but for many years I've renounced all forms of mammal and bird flesh.

Let me make one thing absolutely clear. Vegetarianism is a very positive expression: it's not about it being 'hard to give up' something, it's nothing like giving up smoking where you still have a craving for something you enjoyed, you gave it up only because you know it's 'good for your health'.... People give up meat because they honestly don't want to eat the stuff any more, it no longer attracts them in the slightest. At least, so it was for me: I have no desire whatsoever to eat meat: its smell and taste hold no attraction for me: indeed, I find the smell of raw meat (such as when walking past a butcher's shop) extremely repellent: makes me feel like I'm walking past a morgue.

And, even in my former meat-eating days, I loathed bacon, anyway. Ham I would sometimes eat (with mustard), but bacon: never!

I have a very good friend who was a vegetarian for many years.

When she became pregnant with her 4th child she suddenly had a craving for bacon sarnies.

Some 10 years later she is still a total vegetarian................................except for the occasional bacon sarnie related relapse.

BAck to topic..............

Red, but must be Heinz!

Keith Oates

Janner
Toshiba boy was nearly right, there's no such a thing as Brown Sauce, HP only, anything else is a very poor copy. Although I believe it's no longer British!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Very true, HP is the only brown sauce worth putting on bacon sarnies, even though it is now made abroad.:blush:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I had a bacon sarnie ( bap actually) on Brighton seafront on Saturday after a long hard ride and was slightly put off by the proud claim on the sachet saying - contains sugar and sweeteners!

postman

Legendary Member
Why are Bacon sarnies so popular with us cyclists?.My mate has an album of photos of me scoffing them from as far as the Humber Bridge to How Stean Gorge nr Pateley Bridge Harrogate.We even found a mobile van on our ride to the Five Rise Locks at Bingley.Just outside Shipley.

postman said:
Why are Bacon sarnies so popular with us cyclists?.My mate has an album of photos of me scoffing them from as far as the Humber Bridge to How Stean Gorge nr Pateley Bridge Harrogate.We even found a mobile van on our ride to the Five Rise Locks at Bingley.Just outside Shipley.

They're comfort food, and a lot more tasty than some "recovery" drink.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
postman said:
Why are Bacon sarnies so popular with us cyclists?

Personally I like to stop for a herring bun. White bun, raw herring, raw onions. Delicious!

postman

Legendary Member
Extra---A plug for the Riverside cafe down on Waterside at Knaresborough just started using this cafe my mate discovered it.Cyclists VERY welcome.One mug of coffee,one bacon sarnie three quid-coffee refill nothing.When i questioned her on not charging enough price on menu different.Special rates for cyclists we have earned it.Give it your support if you are down that way.

domtyler

Über Member
rich p said:
I had a bacon sarnie ( bap actually) on Brighton seafront on Saturday after a long hard ride and was slightly put off by the proud claim on the sachet saying - contains sugar and sweeteners!

Crumbs, you can buy bacon sarnies in a sachet?

domtyler

Über Member
I am eating two blts for my lunch as I type, home-made of course, two rashers of back bacon, rocket salad and tomato, english mustard aplenty. Cannot be beaten.

Top Bottom